Starting to wonder if I need organised religion.

by quellycatface 13 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I have been going to church since Jan/Feb this year after DA'ing from the Borg. I have enjoyed a lot of the services but I don't feel the NEED to go to church regularly to worhsip God. If you know what I mean. I find the repeated prayers at church a little tedious. I prefer random praying, it's more genuine than reading from a booklet.

I do suffer from bipolar and social anxiety, so sometimes I do withdraw into myself.

What do you think? Am I just being weird??

Thanks for reading.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

You are a weirdo, no doubt about it.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"No one comes to the Father except through me".

"Where TWO or THREE are gathered together in my name...."

As a Christian, the answer seems to be pretty clear - no organized religion mentioned just like-minded individuals!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I do suffer from bipolar and social anxiety, so sometimes I do withdraw into myself.

That's okay. A lot of people do.

What do you think?

There is no evidence for god existing. Until I see obvious evidence, not just people's word, circular reasoning, special pleading or arguments from ignorance, then I cannot accept a god exists.

Am I just being weird??

No. You are waking up.

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

bi polar, anxiety, and religion often do not mix. However if you try hard to keep perspective it can be helpful. I have major depression, and found the jw's to be very counter productive, and organized religion in general to be exploitve.

• punkofnice
  • losingit
    losingit

Go when you want to go, as many modern day Catholics do. Usually it's all about the holiday Mass-- Christmas and Easter. I'm thinking of attending just those two Masses so that I can feel a bit of that special awe and wonder surrounding those days. I miss that. Plus, I'd like for my girls to experience something different besides the KH. No pressure, tho. If they don't even want to go, they don't have to. :-) Church is what you make of it.

• Laika
    Laika

Christianity is a community religion, but you don't have to view church the same way we viewed meetings, nobody's going to punish you if you take a break now and then. (or, indeed, just quit altogether)

• galaxie
    galaxie

My response would be, no yoy do not NEED organised rekigion.

What you absolutely HAVE is your life to live as you decide within the framework of a standard which does not bring deliberate grief or terror to your fellows, family and friends.

Definately no NEED for organised or otherwise religion or imo supernatural belief conjured by men with a motive/agend to live a good life.

Best wishes.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DISORGANIZED Religion is much easier to find.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit