Where is the "worship" at the KH? Maybe I missed it.

by BU2B 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BU2B
    BU2B

Worship (verb) show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites.

I was just thinking about the two meetings a week. The first one consists of the "congregation bible study" which involves reading a paragraph, answering from the paragraph and moving on. Essentially it is studying a book. The next, the Theocratic Ministry school consisists of short talks based around a bible theme, usually presenting the current WT view on doctrine. The last part, the Service meeting basically tells JWs what to do in the ministry and tips about return visits, studies, and door to door. Very sterile, clinical and nothing that resembles "worship".

On Sunday, you have a public talk, which seems to be 10 minutes of how bad things are and 20 minutes bashing other religions and then the "hope for the future" very doctrine oriented. Cliche Proof texts are read and twisted to fit what is being discussed. The WT study is classic indoctrination techniques. Read a paragraph or two, read a out of context scripture, and have the people answer the question based on the answer provided in the same paragraph.

Perhaps the prayer could be considered worship, but most of these fall short of that. The only thing I suppose that could be considered worship are the piped in, tinny sounding songs. For being called a place of "true" worship, the KH seems to have very little of it going on within its 4 walls..

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

There's plenty of worship going on, it's just all directed towards the GB.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

By chanting, "Thou shalt obey the GB, the wicked and false master".

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I heard this past sunday they were worshipping the GB by going over how korrah died for not listening to Moses, so even though the two are nothing related, everyone must obey the GB.

• stillin
    stillin

Sometimes the prayer seems worshipful

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

When you pray as say: Jeblooper we stand before you to thank you for our meeting that the slave provided...meanwhile a baby cries (often mine) meanwhile messages are sliped via text between two impatient teen girls by phone and it goes off with a noise... Oh Jeblooper we as forgiveness of our mistakes and blesss this meeting in Weezus name Amen... Done weveryone talks.. it's a contest .. who can speak the loudest in 1 second after this oolish iron age prayer..

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why would you expect anything akin to worship from materialistic/spiritualists???

DD

• jgnat
    jgnat

See, I spent many, many years in a church that put a lot of emphasis on worship. What the WTS offers is so, so, so... institutional. A pet peeve of mine is playing canned music as a cue for everyone to get to their seats. What is worshipful about that?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Worship of what?

It wouldnt be "god", because "god" has little to do with Jw's....

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Recorded music is not very worshipful to me. Most churches focus on worship. KH is to receive orders. It is hard to articulate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit