The TRUE story of a Pedophile

by Tech49 26 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Tech49
    Tech49

This is a true experience that I thought I would share, one that occurred just a few years ago in my area. It is a real experience, nothing made up here.

A younger couple moved into our KH, into the joining congregation (so not ours, but the other one that shared our KH). They seemed nice enough, they had one boy that was about 8, and a baby on the way. Again, seemed nice enough, but a little odd.

Within a few months, several families with young kids started to have a weird "gut feel" that something was just not quite up to par with this couple. One mom, a good friend of ours, started doing a little research, just for herself, including a pretty extensive internet search of the family's names. She herself had been abused as a child, and so could "smell" something in the air, she wasnt sure what, but something was off kilter.

It was discovered, thru public records readily available, that the young LADY of the couple was a convicted and registered SEX OFFENDER. Yes, the young lady. She had been found guilty and served some time for fiddling a young teen (12 or 13yo) boy. Now, the Sister who had done the research had a young boy about the same age as the victim of the pedophile girl. She went BALLISTIC!

Serving as an elder at the time, and being close to them, she came to me with the info, wondering what she should do???? She had hard evidence, including the mugshots and court documents, etc. She laid it all out on the table, I saw it with my own eyes. Pure facts. She had wanted to be 100% sure before she said anything. Now that she was sure, what should she do?

I asked if she had heard anything from her Elders? Did her Book Study Overseer ever mention it? Did ANYONE ever bring it up? Of course you know the answer. NO, it was never brought to the attention of anyone, NONE of the families with young ones knew anything about it.

I advised her to do 3 things: 1. Show her elders what she had found. 2. Take every precaution to protect her own family, and 3. Dont be afraid to tell her friends or others with young kids what you had found. PROTECT THE KIDS!

Of course, now the hornets nest had been poked, and this sister was NOT one to keep quiet. Having been a victim of abuse herself, she wanted to make sure EVERYONE that came into contact with this young "sister" was aware of her recent past. Suddenly, there was quite the uproar. Very quickly, the elders in her congregation made it a point to meet with THEM, the brother and sister who had discovered the info, met with them in their home, and told them in no uncertain terms to keep their mouths shut and not to spread "rumors", or face judicial action.

RUMORS???? They werent RUMORS, but plain hard FACTS! This family fought with the elders and swam upstream as long as they could, but were constantly beat down. They were told that they had to "protect the reputation of the congregation", to "protect Jehovahs name".

At NO POINT did anyone ever make any announcements, on a congregation level, bookstudy level, or even as a body of elders and servants, to the effect of "hey, this is the situation, watch your kids, keep a close eye on this lady, keep your kids at a distance". Nothing. Only repercussions if you continued to "slander" the sister.

The family that had found all the facts was eventually so emotionally beaten up and discouraged, they moved ACROSS THE COUNTRY to start fresh and get away from the idiots in their immediate vacinity.

When I heard all that went down, I asked the other elders on our body what was going on, as this Pedo Lady shared our hall, and everyone knew her, as "she is so nice, and loves to babysit"..... ugggg.

Get this, they had a very vague notion of what was going on, and dismissed any of my concerns because "well, it isnt our business, her elders are aware of the situation and are handling matters....besides, Jehovah sees everything and will make us aware of any problems with the situation...she IS our sister you know..."

Just point blank ridiculous, stupid, and blatantly moronic.

There you go, a real, recent example of the attitudes to be found in the congregations today, by elder bodies and the WTBS, of the treatment of child molestation and pedophilia. This stuff is REAL, and it gets covered up and swept under the rug, every day.

Jack Harper, Tech49

• jgnat
    jgnat

Pretty awful. This is what happens when an organization is more concerned about it's external appearance than what is really going on.

Matthew 23:27

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I guess this story will never be retold at a convention. Thanks for sharing so that JW visitors will be warned about how elders will protect their children from pedophiles.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• tiki
    tiki

appalling.............i wonder if the woman was on a public sex offender registry. Apparently adults playing with children's genitalia isn't all that big a deal with some of those "princes" of the cong....

• Tech49
    Tech49

I wanted to emphasize the reason I relate this experience:

This kind of thing DOES happen, its for REAL. We all hear the BIG stories that are sensationalized, with courts involved, lawsuits, etc. But down in the trenches, maybe even in YOUR congregation, there are families dealing with Pedophiles of all shapes and sexes and sizes. Families that end of getting the stuffing beat out of them, mentally, spiritually, emotionally.... for trying to do the RIGHT thing, the thing that comes NATURALLY (or should come naturally), that of PROTECTING themselves and others.

BE STRONG, rat out the pedos, PROTECT THE KIDS and the FAMILIES. Who gives a rats ass what "slanderous talk" may "defame Ghovah's name". No one, including elders, can "punish" you for speaking the truth. Dont give them the power to "inflict consequences". Call BS and fight!

Do the right thing, no matter if you are a publisher, and elder, a servant, a pioneer, or just an onlooker. There is NO excuse to allow that kind of behavior

• Tech49
    Tech49

TIKI:

Yes, she is on the public registry. I saw the paperwork myself.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Hi,

How about sending the info anonymously to all, and even surrounding congs. This is super serious stuff!

Some years back a serious sinful practice was discovered by a brother. He then courageously gathered all the evidence and sent a copy to all families in mine and surrounding congs. Elders and many others were removed, some publicly reprimanded, etc. It took guts, but was worth it for the cleansing of the cong.

Over the years it is like a big mystery who brought it all to light. A brave soul for sure.

I subscribe to the fact that some things cannot be left up to God. He takes too damn long to settle scores. Child abuse is one of those things.

GC

• sir82
    sir82

WTS policy is that if a "known child molestor" moves to a new congregation, the letter of introduction should provide details. I have experienced only 1 such case, the accompanying information was dozens of pages long (the guy left a year or so later, and the accompanying packet followed him).

That said, of course there is NO directive to the elders to share ANY of that information with the congregation.

Do you know if the criminal conviction was before or after her baptism as a JW? If before, that might explain why the elders were so clueless. She wouldn't have gone thru the JW "judicial proces" and as far as anyone (JW) was concerned, she would be "exemplary".

• jgnat
    jgnat

Question: is anyone requesting a leadership position at the Kingdom Hall required to allow a criminal record check, including a review of the sex offender register? I would consider leadership to include publishers, pioneers, Ministerial Servants and elders.

As far as I can see, people volunteered for these positions are merely asked to self-report.

• sir82
    sir82

Background check?

<Snort>

We don't no stinking background check!

We gots the holeeee spirit!

Plus, the elders specifically ask someone who is about to be appointed as an elder, if he rapes children! And no one would ever lie in response to a question like that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit