People Believe Jehovah Is A God Of Love Because He Is A Bully

by frankiespeakin 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes the God of the bible has done his share of being a murderous bully(according to the mythology found in the book), His holly motto seems to be through out: "Do What I Say Or I Will Kill You"

Of coarse cringing christian's because of their fear of the Deity will proclaim that all these acts of slaughter that the bible ascribes to God as an act of love, and chime in with approval and superlatives when 1john 4:8* is read. And I atribute it mainly to God being a bully in the bible and threatening to kill every one not having faith in him.

8 l Anyone who does not love does not know God, because m God is love.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"Do what I say or I will kill you"

is christian speak for "God gave us all the gift of free will" and "we choose to serve God"

"Do what I say or I will kill you"

is terrorist speak for "Do what I say or I will kill you"

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

His holly motto seems to be through out: "Do What I Say Or I Will Kill You"

What should he do instead...what do you think would be the best way to keep order?

If he makes people obey the rules, he's a bully. If he lets everyone exercise their free will, there's chaos.

• rebel8
    rebel8

So you believe mass murder, slavery, rape, torture, misogyny, etc. are needed to keep order?

Holy cow. Wonder why he made a species that can only be kept in line by such savagery. What does that say about him?

Ritual Human Sacrifice in the Bible
    Rape in the Bible
    Murder in the Bible
    Slavery in the Bible

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Of coarse cringing christian's because of their fear of the Deity will proclaim that all these acts of slaughter that the bible ascribes to God as an act of love, and chime in with approval and superlatives when 1john 4:8* is read." -

If a killer invaded your home and held you at gunpoint, then began to converse with you about his life and yours, what would your first inclination be?

To butter him up, compliment him and make excuses for him, explaining that every problem he has is society's fault. You would do this in the hope he wouldn't pull the trigger.

That being said, the consequences of not playing along with the imaginary friend, are even worse than gunshot. Given god(s) violent inclination, any sane person with a commitment to self-preservation, not just in this life but in the next, would certainly be tempted to turn a blind eye to the atrocities committed by their imaginary friend.

The problem, of course, is that the Bible attributes so much carnage to God that the excuses eventually lose credibility.

Praying all will recognize that the Bible isn't all chocolate and strawberries.

Ismael

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

frankie - Hypothetically speaking, If "Lucifer" had 6,500 years to convince people not to follow the Creator, what would be his most effective plan of action.

Here are a few choices.. Choose the one that would be most effective, in turning people away from God.

1. Allow the Existence of an Ancient Book in it's Original and Unadultarated form that proves God is Benevolant, long suffering and Absolute Love.
    2. Completely Destroy all Ancient Records of God, Allowing Humans to Guess who he is, and what his Purposes are.
    3. Modify an Ancient Book enough for it to remain believable, but at the same time showing that God is a God of Jealousy,Greed and Rage.

I Imagine that you do not believe in the Existence of God, but for the sake of this Argument, which tactic would be most effective?

Many Christians and Theologians claim that God was testing Abraham's Loyalty, when he asked him to Sacrifice Isaac.. If Indeed it was Yahweh that asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, the test was NOT whether or not he would Sacrifice Isaac, the test was to determine whether or not Abraham had faith in God's True Character and unchangeable commands..

1. God abhors Child Sacrifice, and he forbid his people from engaging in it " You shall not worship the LORD your God in that way, for every abominable thing that the LORD hates they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods." - Deut 12:31
    2. Abraham Knew right away, that God did not desire him to sacrifice Isaac.. This can be seen in Genesis 22:5 " Then Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; I and the boy will go over there and worship and come again to you.” (Notice Abraham says "I and the boy will go over there and worship and come again to you" He was not lieng, he was positive beyond any doubt that he would not Sacrifice Isaac.
    3. Before Yahweh provided the Lamb, Abraham told Isaac that he would Provide a Lamb " Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And the two of them went on together." Genesis 22:14

If a Fraction of the Bible has Succesfully been Manipulated, that means that it's whole integrity has to be questioned.

Sure 2 Timothy 3:16 says " All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;" But isn't it a bit of Circular Reasoning, for the actual Book to state that it is God's Direct word? In addition to this, what a perfect scripture to Insert if you are trying to Convince People that the Bible is the Same as God's Direct word..

As was discussed in another current thread, the obsession and Veneration that people give the Bible is not Natural, and it has not always been this way.

A first Century disciple of Peter wrote these words "For the Scriptures have had joined to them many falsehoods against God on this account. The prophet Moses having by the order of God delivered the law, with the explanations, to certain chosen men, some seventy in number, in order that they also might instruct such of the people as chose, after a little the written law had added to it certain falsehoods contrary to the law of God, who made the heaven and the earth, and all things in them; the wicked one having dared to work this for some righteous purpose. And this took place in reason and judgment, that those might be convicted who should dare to listen to the things written against God, and those who, through love towards Him, should not only disbelieve the things spoken against Him, but should not even endure to hear them at all, even if they should happen to be true, judging it much safer to incur danger with respect to religious faith, than to live with an evil conscience on account of blasphemous words."

Jeremiah confirmed this fact at Jeremiah 8:8 “How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie."

You can rely on a Book, to decide who God is, and whether or not he exists, or you can do your best to live a Righteous Life, and in turn be shown by Holy Spirit the Truth that is found all throughout creation. - "and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

• Viviane
    Viviane

What should he do instead...what do you think would be the best way to keep order?

If he makes people obey the rules, he's a bully. If he lets everyone exercise their free will, there's chaos.

According to the Bible, he kills AND can't keep order. He's a bully and one that can't even get what he wants.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

God is not seen as a bully at all, but as a peacemaker. He is seen as just and merciful. Unlike the allah of Islam, He does not seek to remove one's free agency; at the same time, He is adamant about protecting the innocent and oppressed and bringing about righteousness as He defines it. The vast majority of Christians honor His judgment as they accept His Fatherhood.

One reason for this honor is that God is seen not only as omnipotent (something atheists seem to dwell on), but omniscient, or all knowing. God is just because He knows all things from the beginning. He knows what will promote good and righteous government and what will destroy it and mankind. Thus, He forbids evil and promotes goodness, decency, integrity, virtue and morality. Most of His critics know nothing about His judgments, yet He knows everything about both His and Ours. On the one hand, He recognizes the free agency of man; however, on the other, He will eventually draw the line. And when mankind, or pockets of mankind, become so evil that they become unable and unwilling to correct themselves, He will terminate their earthly existence (as is His right) and consign those destroyed to a temporary “penalty box,” where they can do no more harm. As history has shown us, righteous societies can become grossly wicked, but wicked societies are incapable of escaping the bonds of moral entropy without outside pressure.

We know that the Lord will not suffer murder, including abortions, neither will He tolerate the predilection of man to get power and gain at the expense of his fellow man. And, we’re told, unless He interferes with us during these last days, mankind would utterly destroy itself. Thus, He not only has the moral right, but the moral duty as our heavenly omnipotent and omniscient parent, to guide us as a parent would guide his children. We also know that when all the facts are in, we will, en masse, fully recognize His power over us and His righteousness to Judge.

Why does He have this power, or authority? Because He provided the plan of salvation by which we all, with but very few exceptions, will defeat Death. By His death on the cross (or beam, whatever), He became our Eternal Judge and will one day redeem us and present the sanctified Earth back to His Father. Before that, though, we will all bend the knee and confess with our mouths that He is our God and our Redeemer.

Atheists and naysayers criticize God for being a celestial bully and busybody, but His criticisms of us are that we are narrow-minded, arrogant, ignorant, bigoted and unreasonably rebellious. We judge before knowing and we put entirely too much faith in the weakness and foibles of man before the sure knowledge, justice, mercy and generosity of the God who gave us life.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Cold Steel - You make some good points. One thing to point out. "Allah" means God, it is not God's name.. Muslims serve the God of Abraham, the same god as the Jews and Christians serve. Muslims are no different than Christians, Christians have annihilated Millions of "Heathen" under the guise of Doing god's will. All 5 Major Religions with the exception of Buddhism serve Yahweh, the one true God / The Creator.. Hindus serve Brahma who is the creator of the Universe.. Hinduism is a Monotheistic religion, however they take the concept of "Trinity" to a whole other Level.

The Holy Books of all of these religions share a common theme.

1. Love God.

2. Love your neighbor.

3. Be humble and do the right thing.

Man has done the same thing to all of these religions and holy books, they have made the Book coincide with the way that their heart desires to live.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, if we are made in gods image, then it should be ok for us humans to be bullies and kill people who we disagree with?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit