frankie - Hypothetically speaking, If "Lucifer" had 6,500 years to convince people not to follow the Creator, what would be his most effective plan of action.
Here are a few choices.. Choose the one that would be most effective, in turning people away from God.
- Allow the Existence of an Ancient Book in it's Original and Unadultarated form that proves God is Benevolant, long suffering and Absolute Love.
- Completely Destroy all Ancient Records of God, Allowing Humans to Guess who he is, and what his Purposes are.
- Modify an Ancient Book enough for it to remain believable, but at the same time showing that God is a God of Jealousy,Greed and Rage.
I Imagine that you do not believe in the Existence of God, but for the sake of this Argument, which tactic would be most effective?
Many Christians and Theologians claim that God was testing Abraham's Loyalty, when he asked him to Sacrifice Isaac.. If Indeed it was Yahweh that asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, the test was NOT whether or not he would Sacrifice Isaac, the test was to determine whether or not Abraham had faith in God's True Character and unchangeable commands..
- God abhors Child Sacrifice, and he forbid his people from engaging in it " You shall not worship the LORD your God in that way, for every abominable thing that the LORD hates they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods." - Deut 12:31
- Abraham Knew right away, that God did not desire him to sacrifice Isaac.. This can be seen in Genesis 22:5 " Then Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; I and the boy will go over there and worship and come again to you.” (Notice Abraham says "I and the boy will go over there and worship and come again to you" He was not lieng, he was positive beyond any doubt that he would not Sacrifice Isaac.
- Before Yahweh provided the Lamb, Abraham told Isaac that he would Provide a Lamb " Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And the two of them went on together." Genesis 22:14
If a Fraction of the Bible has Succesfully been Manipulated, that means that it's whole integrity has to be questioned.
Sure 2 Timothy 3:16 says " All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;" But isn't it a bit of Circular Reasoning, for the actual Book to state that it is God's Direct word? In addition to this, what a perfect scripture to Insert if you are trying to Convince People that the Bible is the Same as God's Direct word..
As was discussed in another current thread, the obsession and Veneration that people give the Bible is not Natural, and it has not always been this way.
A first Century disciple of Peter wrote these words "For the Scriptures have had joined to them many falsehoods against God on this account. The prophet Moses having by the order of God delivered the law, with the explanations, to certain chosen men, some seventy in number, in order that they also might instruct such of the people as chose, after a little the written law had added to it certain falsehoods contrary to the law of God, who made the heaven and the earth, and all things in them; the wicked one having dared to work this for some righteous purpose. And this took place in reason and judgment, that those might be convicted who should dare to listen to the things written against God, and those who, through love towards Him, should not only disbelieve the things spoken against Him, but should not even endure to hear them at all, even if they should happen to be true, judging it much safer to incur danger with respect to religious faith, than to live with an evil conscience on account of blasphemous words."
Jeremiah confirmed this fact at Jeremiah 8:8 “How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie."
You can rely on a Book, to decide who God is, and whether or not he exists, or you can do your best to live a Righteous Life, and in turn be shown by Holy Spirit the Truth that is found all throughout creation. - "and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”