The rank and file and mentally diseased!

by ADJUSTMENTS 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Sometimes I wonder if some posters just wish to scare every lurking active JW back to the kingdom hall.

And yes, organized religion/belief per se is not classified as delusional in psychiatry...a patient have to have more severe symtoms that belief to be classified as delutional, e g hearing gods voice or acting out their belief in a strange/atypical way. I don't think the people in Al Qaeda or ISIS would primally will be classified as delutional in the traditional psychiatric sence. In some way they are acting rational in their system of belief. And they don't have any (other)symtoms of psychosis/delution.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

^^^ Sometimes I wonder if some posters just wish to scare every lurking active JW back to the kingdom hall.

exactly

• Enzo
    Enzo

Adjustments: the issue here is: first point: you are generalizing. 2) you put on line a paragraph from a certain book without any reference mentioned. 3) to stabilize if one is mentally deseased can only be done by a psychiatrist.. You understand the point? And I am not rude , but this is a serious site, and if you want to help someone, is wiser to present material that is accurate, and beneficial.

greetings Enzo

• Enzo
    Enzo

Adjustements: you have indeed mentioned references, but the point is you are mixing ,a lot of psychiatric disosters,: but is too complex, to take some conclusions if you are not specialized in the area of psychiatry.. I also have to be prudent in analysing, and stabilizing, because every person has is own History, and I hope that you understand my point...

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

Wallsofjericho I also have loved ones in the CULT, and I do believe they are delusional and I feel sorry for them, so what is your point??? It's my opinion and you have yours, the last time I checked there is a freedom of speech law we all are afforded, even the WBATS with all of their lies...

I believe many of the posters here such as wallsofjericho, Enzo, obuillete, steve2 and dismissing servant although being free are still mentally trapped in the JW CULT, who don't know how to handle the TRUTH so they get very defensive, and feel the need to express how all should think and act alike, if I wanted to do that I would still be in the Borg, so maybe you guys should seek a mental health professional to break free from the JW CULT mentality that you still subconsciously cling to...

You guys do not need to read my post, but you continue to choose to and then feel the need to tell me why you don't agree with them...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

The problem is that the diagnostic system of psychiatric disorders makes explicit exeptions for religious beliefs. If you believ that Jesus was born by a virgin you are not delusional, but if you believe that your became pregnant by some godly interventin you are delutional. This is a bit illogic, I agree, but the vergin bith of Jesus is so established in the western culture so we cannot say people believing i it are delutional in a strict way.

This one is a bit harder... someone believing that Jesus returned invisibly in the year 2011 is probably delusional......but a group of poeple in an established religion stating that he returned in 1914 is probably not delusional in a strict psychiatric meaning. Even if we both, and probably most people here and everywhere find that belief just outright crazy.

Neverthess, my point about scaring people back to the kingdom hall is about how to interact with believers.......calling them delusional doensn't make them listen to us...........they just identify us as aggressie apostates.

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

I haven't read anywhere that it makes exceptions for religious beliefs, plus your explanation of why people believe in the 1914 belief is just as delusional...

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

ADJUSTMENTS:

>>>>>"I believe many of the posters here such as wallsofjericho, Enzo, obuillete, steve2 and dismissing servant although being free are still mentally trapped in the JW CULT, ......
    >>>>You guys do not need to read my post, but you continue to choose to and then feel the need to tell me why you don't agree with them...

>>>>>Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

so now your accusing other members here of being mentally trapped by the WTS and implying we are insane because we don't just accept your psychoanalysis that is based on you reading a wikipedia article once?

way to lend to your credibility ADJUSTMENTS.

FYI.... in the minds of serious posters on this board, you're already being relegated to the group of other "crazies" here no one takes serious.
    Say hello to Larsinger58 for me

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I don't know about DSM-V,but I know that DSM III and IV made exeptions for relifious beliefs. Otherwise every religious person would be considered delusional by psychiatry.

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

Wallsofjericho I could really care less about what so called "serious posters" takes me seriously or not, I'm not on here to get brownie points...

It seems you are, so grab a big glass of milk why don't ya...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit