The rank and file and mentally diseased!

by ADJUSTMENTS 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

This sounds like the typical rank and file JW, it's actually a mental disorder, I and many others were once in this state...

Delusional disorder is an uncommon psychiatric condition in which patients present with delusions, but with no accompanying prominent hallucinations, thought disorder, mood disorder, or significant flattening of affect. [ 1 ] [ 2 ] Delusions are a specific symptom of psychosis. Non-bizarre delusions are fixed false beliefs that involve situations that could potentially occur in real life; examples include being followed or poisoned. [ 3 ] Apart from their delusions, people with delusional disorder may continue to socialize and function in a normal manner and their behaviour does not generally seem odd or bizarre. [ 4 ] However, the preoccupation with delusional ideas can be disruptive to their overall lives. [ 4 ] For the diagnosis to be made, auditory and visual hallucinations cannot be prominent, though olfactory or tactile hallucinations related to the content of the delusion may be present. [ 5 ]

C.T. Russell is a major candidate, for this is how the 1914 concept came about, and the belief that Gods visible organization on earth is the WBATS and the list goes on... all CULT leaders are delusional!

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

While i would agree that some and perhaps even many cult leaders are delusional i think "all" is an overstatment. I also noted you concluded with "cult leaders" whereas your topic stated it was about the rank and file. i find this bait and switch to be a symptom of your delusion that you had a better point than it turned out to be....

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I flipped through DSM-V quickly. Apostates as a group are not mentally ill or deluded. Witnesses as a group are also not mentally ill or deluded. If we start throwing despicable language back, we are just as bad as the Witnesses GB. Lack of sophisticated or ignorance is not a mental illness.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

JWs are misled. They are deliberately ( most likely ) fed propaganda to lead them to only one conclusion. That conclusion is that the GB speak for an all powerful spirit who just happens to really dig Pennsylvania.

When you are lied to and guilt- tripped and coerced and manipulated, it can lead to mental disorders. Jws have a better than average chance of developing a disorder, which could include delusional thoughts.

DD

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

DATA-DOG so true!!!

• Enzo
    Enzo

Adjustments: Please don't make statements, and alluding things if you are not a psychiatrist.. this is only sensational news you are bringing!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The clinical definition of Delusion specifically excludes Religious Belief.

However, using the word Delusion in its normal setting, gives me much pleasure and satisfaction when I talk about Believers of any ilk, by belief, I mean trusting that something is true with no evidence, and yet the existence of strong evidence against such belief.

Such Belief is indistinguishable from eveyday, common or garden Delusion.

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

Enzo if the WBATS can call all apostates mentally diseased, I can call anyone any effing thing I like!!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well, I'll join you then : All believing JW's are deluded.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Enzo if the WBATS can call all apostates mentally diseased, I can call anyone any effing thing I like!!!

there are those on this board (we all know who they are) that are not taken seriously because of their rant style of posting. We all understand many here are angry, but if you want to be taken seriously temper your aggression with rational arguments and concepts

Many of us still have loved ones (that we love very much) who are still in the org. and don't consider these ones "mentally diseased" or mentally ill, they are victims of victims just as we once were

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit