Are you having fun in the borg?

by jam 10 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

For whatever reason you are still stuck in the cult, are

you having fun?

Think about it, you can write down any time you feel like.

When you are out in FS, tell them I have a return visit .

The person prefer I come alone and then go home and take a

nap....Assembly time, volunteer to work in the parking lot,leave

and relax by the pool at your motel. If you are not comfortable in

giving talks, tell you have a bad case of anxiety.

They have lied to you, BIG time, no big deal..

Have some fun while you are still stuck in.....

I would report 100 hours a month and no one ever see me

in service...LOL I would tell them I do a lot of witnessing at work...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I remember the last DC I attended I stayed until the mid morning song then left and

went shopping, had lunch at a cafe then more shopping and went back for final song.

I left my books and blankie and crap on my seat so it looked like I was still there.(Strangely nobody noticed).

I felt wonderfully naughty and thought "why didn't I start doing this years ago?"

Now I would'nt go if you paid me.

• jam
    jam

sparrow:A fun day, that's what I'm talking about..LOL

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Sparrowdown, you are awesome. I wonder if anyone else has ever done that?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was talking to a lady who grew up as a JW a while ago, she left in her teens, over 40 years ago, she laughed when she told me she was sitting in a D.C one morning and thought "this is SO boring, I'm outta here".

She was 15 at the time, so she wandered away from Twickenham stadium for a couple of miles, found a cafe and sat and had coffee and a cigarette (illegal for her to buy 'em under 16), and then wasted the rest of the day until almost the end. Like you, Sparowdown, nobody noticed !

The thing is, I knew her parents, strict disciplinarians, they would have gone ape if they had known, so I really admired her for being such a rebel back in those days.

She married a non JW some time later, and they are still together, despite her father's rantings when she started going out with him, and her father smacked her so hard round the face it bruised her. Yea, that was going to make her stay as a JW.

She never found the Borg to be fun.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

If it wasn't for worrying about waking the other half up, I'd say yes. Minimal ministry, having 'fun' exercising my critical thinking abilities every meeting that I attend. But every day, NO GUILT! that's a bit good...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, I guess I do indeed "have fun" or more appropriatly "make fun of" the org while I'm still stuck in.

By letting go of any fear, and learning to tell myself that THEY HAVE NO HOLD or authority over me, it has made me much more relaxed, and care-free.

I no longer give the org or the elders ANY HOLD OVER ME...so I choose how I spend my time. (eg if we have to go and put in an appearance out in 'service', we do what we want, then go for brunch somewhere....)

I am not accountable to the org or the elders.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I would argue that it's pretty much impossible to be a non-believer and to have fun while still in the religion.

If you are "in" alongside family and friends, then you need to be careful not to trigger their suspicions. Extended absences from assemblies, or reporting too many hours, for instance, is impractical, as you are always being watched and talked about. On the other hand, if you aren't in alongside friends and family... why are you still there at all?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

There's plenty more where that came from. As soon as I cottoned on to the idea that as long

as you appear to be present no one really notices or cares. I decided to test this theory.

Pretty soon I was turning up at field service groups saying I would work on my own and

meet everyone else on the territory as I had a "call" (wink,wink) to do first and it may take a while.

I would take off and and run errands etc and they all would think I was having a really good "talk".

I was right no one noticed.

I no longer feel the need for this subterfuge I just don't go any more but it certainly worked a

treat during the transitional stage.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I do that as well sparrowdown!

It does help during this transitional stage!

It is all about "being seen", not actually about what is done... "Outward appearances are all that matters"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit