The Worst Way of Living

by Coded Logic 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”

-Socrates

Holding all of humanity in contempt and degrading every achievement of mankind as being “insignificant” is not a philosophy or a worldview worth having. Tell me, oh self righteous JW, what was the price of your integrity? What was the going rate for your rational minds? Look and see, you have whored out your souls at the behest of a religious pipe dream. And made lying to the dying your lifes work.

There is a terrible sadness that you are willing to sacrifice your humanity - and the sum total of all human experience - on the altar of “everlasting life.” You have done all that you can to devalue this life . . . so that you can continue to worship death. But illusion will not cure your ailments. And lies will not nourish your souls.

There’s too much to learn, too much to see, there’s too much to know, and too much to experience in this life to waste a single breath worrying about the next. Because, right now, it’s not enough to just exist - you should want to live. And don’t worry about living after death, concern yourself with living before it.

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Wow I love that post Coded logic. I am going to look up some more Socrates quotes.

• Pinku
    Pinku

Coded Logic

Nice post, well-worded.

You can awaken somebody who is sleeping, but not the one who is PRETENDING to sleep!

• clarity
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

And don’t worry about living after death, concern yourself with living before it.

Well said

Probably the most psychological damage the WTS. committed in its literature proliferation agenda on to the general public was to constantly and

strongly propagate that the world as we know it was going to come to an abrupt catastrophic end.

This had various detrimental effects on all JWS in varying degrees, some to actually committing suicide.

This soon to come new order was the carrot on the end of the stick, that the WTS deviously moved ever so slowly away when things never appeared

as proclaimed.

.... and you can study this by reading what the WTS. leaders put in their publications as far back as the the late 1800's.

The way the WTS. pushed tainted doctrines to attract attention to its published goods identifies the organization's real inherent corruption.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

the thing i am most depressed about though is now that I now the bible is a bunch of misinterpreted and often exagerated stories , with no real basis for truth, I fear every day of breathing my last breath and not having the time to re claim my last 32 years of my adulthood. as i sit here having no ability to live the life I wanted to have the chance to live, stuck in a loveless routine marraige. all my energy wasted denying my self all the things i wished i could do but was told not to. who hires a 52 yr old housewife with no skills accept cooking and cleaning? no one.

30 years a watchtower slave could be the title of my book too.

at age 52 even though Im not a sickly person, you never know how much time we have left. all we do is work and pay bills and have so little time to enjoy anything, and live in cosntant anxiety for our children. and then death comes.

after that there is nothing.

so the question still remains for all of the worlds humans struggling to find peace of mind

is this all there is to life? whats the point if each day can be our last? why even be here? makes no sense.

and this is why so many choose to ignore the facts, they are too painful.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

We are the custodians of lifes meaning. And if we crave some cosmic purpose then we had better find ourselves a worthy goal.

- Carl Sagan

Life truly is what we make it. Even at the age of 52. Changing lifes course is never easy - but few worthwhile things are. A woman at the age of 52 is going to have a hard time making it on her own - but that doesn't mean its impossible. And it's never too late to go college. It's never too late to try something new. And it is better to try and fail then to passively sit and watch life pass you by.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Is this all there is to life? whats the point if each day can be our last? why even be here? makes no sense.

Try living in the present. As Jehovah's Witnesses we lived in expectation of the future. We have been freed of that delusion, we can now live for today. Right here, right now, this moment, today. It's all you have, it's all anyone has ever had, you just didn't know it. It's a good thing, make each day count, because yes, it could be your last. Love your family, cherish your friends, watch those sunsets, dance.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

....They spend so much time looking to their future life that they are no earthly use in this present life..Instead of using some of their intelligence to become doctors....scientists..researchers....etc . they pour scorn on life saving careers and instead tread water by avoiding worthwhile vocations...wasted lives...wasted time..wasted hopes..sad.

• Mum
    Mum

sowhatnow: I recommend that you go to a local community college and request a vocational interest test and other psychological instruments to determine what you might like to do or be good at doing. Then pursue an occupation or profession for which you are suited. You've still got 13 years before you turn 65, and 65 is a lot younger than it used to be. I'm 67, and I recently took a course in Teaching English as a Second Language. Now I'm taking Chinese to prepare myself to live in China and teach English.

Don't despair. Act, and things start to happen.

Best wishes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit