Was it worth it?

by John Aquila 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I want to walk away, but I've seen the devastation that my mother went through when my younger brother faded. She really lost a part of herself and unfortunately she went super-zealous after that. I know that if I do the same she will go through it again and probably even worse since both of her children will be lost to her. I hope I can wake my parents up before I fade, but sometimes I think that it might be better just to get it over with sooner rather than later.
  • Simon
    Simon

Definitely, I wouldn't want my kids to have the JW childhood and life that I had.

Whatever it costs me is worth it for their sake.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Yes, even though it can be lonely at times, but better feeling lonely now and then rather than thinking I am not lonely with two faced religious zealots who will knife you in a second if you don't agree it didn't rain before the flood or some other truth that will turn on a dime. Idiots.
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    Yes. Sad, difficult at times, but wouldn't change my decision.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

When I see my twenty-year-old daughter confident, strong and having high self esteem I know it was worth it. I got out and had her post cult and she studied physics and maths before going to university where she is an active member of the feminist society. That makes me so happy because those GB idiots are still condemning 'women's libbers'. Who says that anymore, it's a sixties expression!

She's a strong woman who won't let anyone patronise her. She was always strong from being a tiny child but that religion would have broken her spirit like it almost broke mine. When I look at her I know it was worth it.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected
    Freedom of self and mind is worth it at any cost.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

If it happens to me, I know that it will be worth it!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The end must justify the means. It works on different levels.

The freedom of mind and speech is beyond compare.

The shunning sucks.

Over all...it just had to be!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

no.

i never thought for a moment my kids would shun me as they got into their early teens. i had many bitter years over it. i would say to any father think long and hard before you do anything that could destroy your family.

just in case any reader may not quite get where i'm coming from--i hate that evil cult.

• done4good
    done4good

Yes. There was no other option in the end. I lost one friend that I truly cared about, (several years after leaving when she learned I was really done4good), and yes, it still hurts like a bitch.

I would still do it all over again.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit