First Week Of College Was AWESOME!!!!

by Yondaime 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

I made so many new friends on campus this week! Got my study schedule layed out, and I joined a band! (I play guitar) It feels so good to be at a place where people aren't judgemental and fake. I want to live on campus so bad, but I only live a 5 minute walk away. I finally now have an excuse to miss meetings now :D

And I can't wait to dig deep into other programming languages. So far I mastered java along with html,css, and javascript. I am so close to escaping this cult! Just four more years!!!!

BTW can you guys pm the drafts of your DA letters, I'd like to have a format as well.

- From your Fourth Hokage

YONDAIME

• breakfast of champions
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am glad it is going so well for you. My first weeks were such a contrast with a public high school. Some of the rooms had Persian rugs. We were allowed to smoke in class so the school had ash trays. The professors seemed to actually like their jobs. They were genuinely interested in what we thought. High school was full of security measures and bad teachers. I did have some bad teachers in college but their intentions were honest.

• cofty
    cofty

That's great to hear, well done.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

well done!

life is there to be lived and enjoyed!

• designs
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Best wishes to you, Yondaime, in succeeding in your studies and guitar playing.

Why do you want to play by the WTBTS's rules by writing a DA letter to them? They will ignor what you write except for the words that you are disassociating. If you want to maintain relationships with JW family and friends, it is better to fade.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Good for you...the academic environment is very enriching. Spend time probing the minds of your teachers and peers. Enjoy the ride.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Enjoy it, but don't let the 'fun' part take command. Keep focused, have fun. All things in balance. I got my degree in Computer Science (finally) in 1984 after droppng out in 1977 because of having too much fun.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The grass is always green. I recommend that students appreciate college. All those bright minds don't exist in normal life. The lectures by giants in the field are important. Reference libraries may be hard to find in the future. It is a difficult balance to reach. You need the grades to do further work. I would go back in a NY moment. You are fortunate that things are working out for you so early. Mixers cost plenty once you graduate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit