Are Jehovah's Witnesses THAT Bad?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are like canned tuna.

They are locked in, sealed, densely packed in their own juices.

The world of a JW is tiny. The expanse of their thinking is an infinitesimal block of lunatic nothingness.

The have hit the PAUSE button on real life. They expect everybody else to do the same.

While they are waiting on Godot, instead of learning to knit a useful sweater, they jaw-jack about apocalyptic silliness which

is mean-spirited and banal.

They are "nice" people in the same way doilies are nice and the little paper sleeve around hot paper cups are nice.

JW's are highly disposable. We know that because their friends and loved one dispose of them readily.

Why should we disagree who those who love them best?

• momginny52
    momginny52

I agree with you, Minimus - it is a crap shoot. I have been lucky in that I have been pretty much left alone. When they did bother me some, it was while my mother was still alive and she was trying to get the elders to come bring me back in the fold. Now she is gone and while I still have family in, they have their own lives and I have mine and while we do talk some, we don't really have a lot to do with one another.

Oh, yes - I have attended church services at the Catholic church with my husband. I really think that would be ignored by the local congregation if they were to know, but I could be wrong. I have not tried to hide it; I am just living my life with no concern for them.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Is the WTS really all that bad? Ask these kids:

"Youths Who Put God First" Awake! cover

Oh, wait, you cant.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWS are just regular people who are exploited victims of the Watchtower Corporation.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Oneeye hit the nail on the head thier doctrines concerning blood organs and vaccines have killed thousands, Satan would be so proud if there was a guy.

• sir82
    sir82

Old Hippie,

The 10 or so people who are "fading" and are not shunned....

If they are still so entrenched within the JW community, they really haven't left, have they?

How about this: There is no way to openly state that you disagree with JW doctrine, and yet remain on good terms with active JWs, even if you remain a moral, upright, kind, and generous person.

I.e., there is no way to openly and honestly state your beliefs to JWs if you no longer accept it is "the truth".

Intentionally hiding one's convictions, due to fear that expressing them would result in enforced shunning, is hardly "honorable".

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Can Satan really be so horrible? After all if he can transform himself into a real genuine angel of light he must have some pretty lovely qualities.

I can not say as much for human beings who can't transform themselves into anything remotely useful.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Are Jehovah's Witnesses THAT Bad?

OneEyedJoe.......Yah hit the nail on the head!!!

An organization that sacrifices its own children is really......THAT BAD!!!!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'm with OneEyedJoe on this one. I couldn't say it any better. A picture is worth a thousand words.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Good and bad in all.

I think I was a good bloke when in the corporation.

It is down to individuals rather than corporations or religions methinks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit