Liking somone

by d 16 Replies latest social relationships

• d
    d

When I was a Jw. I found it hard to say that I liked someone and in many ways still do. How about you.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was raised that dating was evil. My father repeatedly told me no one would ever want me. I pretended I was above dating. Of course, I wanted to date desperately. I had no social skills.

• Simon
    Simon

Well, it was always 'wrong' unless you were considering marriage.

Rules made up by crusty old men ...

• d
    d

So true now as an ex jw I realize nobody is out of my league.

• zeb
    zeb

Botr: "No social skills" this is an identifying mark of the jw young. It has been my obs that they are at least 2 years behind their worldly peers.

If you like someone look them in the face and say "Like you". Perhaps give them some flowers. Its amazing how something as soft as flowers can break the ice.

best wishes

zeb

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Coming from a lady:flowers put a lady on the spot. If you like someone, there are ways to test the waters, without putting her on the spot. Try engaging her in pleasnt conversation. Try a little smiling. How is she responding? Take your time. Dont be pushy. If she likes you and you handle the conversations right, she'll let you know. Just dont take normal, politeness for more than it is.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It depends on the formality of the flowers. The experts say to reveal a little bit and wait. I had a roommate who would come back from a first date and talk in our suite for hours. The men must have wanted to bolt. I said "good bye" by the doorman. There are always other dates.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You gotta figure out if a woman likes you at all before you go springing flowers on her. If she doesn't like you that way, you're both going to feel akward around each other, after you give them to her.

You can tell tremendous much from good conversation, if you are patient and know how to look for the right clues.Now, there are some guys who think that if a woman smiles out of politeness and makes small talk, she must be interested. She just may be showing good manners, though.

If you know how to speak to a woman, you can get her to reveal whether she likes you enough. It's going to show in her responses, her eyes, her facial expressions, etc. Don't give her flowers until you know for sure she likes you. Even then, a lot of us women see cut flowers as cliche'. Unless the flowers have a place to go. Example: you ask her for a picnic and you bring a vase, a bottle of water and unique flowers, to add a romantic touch to the picnic table.

For me, I'm going to look for more originality than a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates.

Don't get ahead of yourself. You have to figure out if there is any interest on her part, before you go on to the next step.

• eva luna
    eva luna

coming from a florist and imagining the messages behind flowers.

just keep it simple . ie 2 dozen red roses is not a good idea.

a small wild flower bouquet in a simple maison jar with a hand writen note saying you enjoyed her company,

would bring a smile .

Her responce will tell you her feelings.

I just think we get so complecated from our upbringing, to the point of not even taking the risk of finding a Love.

Take it!

edit..

PS

you take the risk and I will too.

I'm just a silly former florist and love flowers and Love.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I was socially stunted by being raised a witness!

I could never chat about cute sister I met at assemblies...It was frowned on...

It messed up my life. I wont bore you all with the details, except to say that attraction and love had nothing to do with choosing the most appropriate potential spouse in a clinical manner.

Its all about choosing someone of the same percieived spiritual level as you...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit