Want to make Money $ with a Web Site?

by sarahsmile 59 Replies latest forum announcements

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Nothing.

• Simon
    Simon

So you do make a large amount of money, yet most likely to visit the site are Christians and Jews! Jehovahs Witness you love to hate!

Huh? Did I black out for a minute or did the conversation to support your thesis only happen inside your head?

Curious Jehovahs Witness that are searching for bibical truth!

On the internet ... why is that? You mean they are nt getting fed food at the proper time to keep them feeling full?

Yet you laugh at Atheist faces because they join in on Your hate campaign. And You go to the bank with money!

"Ha, I laugh at your face" ... erm , what? Don't you laugh 'with' people if you are "on their side", not at their faces?

The joke is on everyone who joined YOUR HATE CAMPAIGN thinking it to help ones understand Atheist views!

Hate campaign? Are we still talking about ads and clicks?

What worse volunteer money to WT society or joining JW.net and not understanding it is worse!

English would be a great help. I don't speak whatever language that is.

People do not know YOUR getting paid to SHIT on them!

First of all, it's "YOU'RE" ... and second of all, WTF are you on?

Now that is funny!

What's funny is you obviously thought this up as a way to attack me, and imagined how the conversation would go. Then you had your side of the conversation that you imagined without any regard for what was actually being said.

Did you think this up all on your own or did you get help from a friend? Are you angry because Village Girl / Paris got shown the door again?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

So began a long correspondence between Sera and Simon..

Why?

If the threat arose that this site needed money to survive i would support it.

I know for a fact this life has saved a wonderful persons life...but that as it may be i dont begrage your post Sera, it made me question.

I dont think Simon takes advantage of people on this site. It has helped me very much. I rejoined ithis site 2 weeks ago and guess i will be gone soon. But i will leave grateful for the exsperience and for the people i met here. I am not sure what that has to do with money?

Sera i was started a thread " What have you created"? ....it would be nice to see you post on that thread.

• under the radar
    under the radar

There is nothing at all wrong with making money from hosting a web site. Nobody forces anyone to visit this site. Simon doesn't run any "come on" ads to entice people here. One has to look for this site to even find it. Even then, anyone is free to peruse the public areas before deciding whether or not to become a registered user. Even a brief look will tell a visitor all they need to know about the tone and tenor of what goes on here. No one of even average intelligence could possibly be deceived about the purpose of this site.

JWN is an absolutely invaluable resource for those who have been affected by the Watchtower Society. Some have suffered greatly at the hands of the Watchtower and its adherents, some not at all, but I think it's safe to say that all have been affected to some degree in one way or another. Sharing our experiences, our ups and downs, and just plain venting to others who can truly understand is a great relief to many of us. Who knows how many mental or emotional breakdowns have been prevented or at least ameliorated by coming here to find a listening ear and a caring heart? How many lifelong friendships have begun right here on the common grounds of shared experience?

My hat's off to Simon and his wife Angharad for making this site available. They probably won't, but I hope they make a mint off it. I'm quite sure no one really knows how much time and attention it takes to keep this site up and running. Not to mention how much money it must take for computers, servers, web access, etc. I don't begrudge them a cent! In fact, sometimes I click on ads I'm not even interested in just because I know Simon gets a little something every time I do. I'm glad Simon hasn't had to implement a membership or subscription fee yet, but if he did, I would gladly contribute. Now don't get any ideas, Simon! That's just a last resort.

Bottom line: You don't have to like the attitudes or opinions expressed here. Feel free to express yourself, as long as you can do so with a modicum of civility and without name-calling or denigrating others just because they don't agree with you. If you can't do that, don't bother to come here. We can get along quite well without you.

• sir82
    sir82

What a bizarre thread.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

While I do find Zealot Atheists as annoying as Zealot Believers..

It`s no reason to attack Simon for any money he may make,to help keep this place running..

He`s built this place himself from scratch..

I`ll bet he`s been personally out of pocket more times than not,trying to keep this place a float for all of us..

A little gratitude is in order..

Maybe even the occasional:

"Thank You Simon and Angharad for all Your Efforts!"

...............................................................................................OUTLAW

• Violia
    Violia

I belong to one board where I pay a yearly fee to post etc. I would gladly do that here if it came to that.

OP, I thought your thread was spam anyhow, and look, it is.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, I don't want to charge people to access or use the site - I hate paywalls and this isn't the NY Times !

If I ever charged any money for anything it would be for features that cost money (e.g. photo storage) but things are so cheap now that should never be necessary.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

This is a stupid thread.

Anyone who has hosted sites knows that the revenue on this site in dollar per hour terms would be laughable.

• scary21
    scary21

I did not know you only get money if someone clicks an ad. I will be clicking some ads for you .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit