Armageddon is only a few weeks away...

by Calebs Airplane 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I culled this from the J WTalk board ...absolutely genuine post ...

I was working on the cart yesterday and a sister ran up to us and said she had heard from a very reliable source that during the midweek meeting there will be a special announcement from the governing body that not even the circuit overseer knows about and that we should not miss it for the world. She was hinting or rather hoping that it could be an announcement about the great tribulation. I did say that it might be possibly about the new bethel project in Chelmsford but she was adamant it was something more. I hope she is not too disappointed.

• sir82
    sir82

"Chelmsford", so it sounds like the poster is in the UK.

As was discussed on this board, the "special announcement" is for the UK only, and is an appeal for (surprise surprise surprise) more money.

The lady is going to be quite disappointed.

JWs are a resilient lot, but at some point, you'd have to think that the constant series of unending disappointments would take their toll.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Expectation postponed is making the heart sick - Proverbs 13:12

He that creates the false expectation is guilty of causing the disappointment.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

The interpretation of the "generation" has changed 3 times (at least) since the 1980's! Now the generation is several overlapping generations! :-)

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Armageddon is only a few weeks away

Wohoooo! time to start planning the best spot to build a nice home in pariah-dice. Maybe a place on a nice hill, with a view on the plains where one can sit on the porch all day and watch sheep play around with jaguars.

• Calebs Airplane
  • Island Man
    Island Man

Bible prophecy has an interesting aspects--whatever happens in the world fulfills prophecy.

If the lawlessness increases, it fulfills the end-of-the-world prophecy found in Mathew Chapter 24.

If people are leading a normal life doing things such as " eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage" (Mathew 24:37), even this would fulfill the end-of-the-world prophecy!

And if world conditions improve significanty, they'd just say that such peaceful conditions give evidence that the foretold cry of "peace and security" before the outbreak of the great tribulation, must be very near at hand.

• steve2
    steve2

Sadly, starving birds stubbornly peck at sterile soil. Repeat 50 times at 2 hourly intervals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit