shunning within the family.

by bigmac 19 Replies latest jw friends

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Bigmac, I agree wholeheartedly.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Silly Girl, give yourself a hug. That's from me.

It just doesn't make sense. I used to shun an uncle when I was a kid because that is what I was told to do. Honestly, I didn't give any thought to what it might be doing to him or the fact that I and the rest of the family were erasing any hope of ever having a relationship with him later.

Now I'm the one being shunned and I really think THEY THINK everything will be just dandy again after I get reinstated. Not only will that not happen because I will never go back, even if they were to leave the org. and pursue me...

... request denied.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

sillygirlforgotpassword ........I am sorry you had to endure this in this cult. Glad things have improved somewhat. Hugs to you.

• kaik
    kaik

My evil JW aunt shunned one of her son until she died. No contact with his children. My sibling did not talked to me for years, until a bit recently. One pioneer woman in my KH shunned her son and his school age grandchildren and would not even talk to her 6 year old grandson on the street. There are so many broken families due this horrible cult.

• cult classic
    cult classic

To all of us who have been shunned by family

We've survived and are thriving. Keep on keeping on. It is terribly painful.

And yes it's worth it for staunch JWs to have children. In most cases life is worth living.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I along with my non JW sister are being shunned by my JW sister & non JW brother who are best buddies. They are 56 & 62, and I keep wondering if something happens to either one of them-- get cancer or whatever, that I will probably never hear about it or hear from them again. They return any mail I send, even if I mark clearly on the outside envelope that it has to do with important family matters such as my step mother's funeral arrangements. I don't get it-- I don't get why they are also shunning my non JW sister who was never involved in the Jdumb religion

• kaik
    kaik

love2Bworldly, I have seen it happen when JW family will shun someone who never was a member of the cult and has no any knowledge nor experience with WT and their beliefs. If you ever deal with a legal matter, I would use attorney and certified letter and would not bother with any mails anymore.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The latest counsel says to avoid unbelieving relatives. Don't go to their weddings or funerals as you don't want them to be embarrassed...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Great list jgnat.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

bigmac- good point,

I used to think the same about all the poor bastards who heard enough

about the truth to make a decision and decided no thanks.

I thought they would have been better off not knowing.

It highlights a basic flaw in the concept of "conversion".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit