Do You Remember The Days When The Society Would Say Everything Pictured Something About Them?πŸ˜‡

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Being relatively new the 1919 application was a red flag for me

607 and 1914 I'm now on the fence at least and researching it.

Oh mentioned it before, one Gilead student experience where he heard the instructor mention

Elijah and Elisha being prophetic to Russell and Rutherford hahahaha !!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Remember this one "We are a theatrical spectacle on the stage of

mankind". Oh really, what stage and who have any idea what the hell

this grand show is about.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Crazyguy, "How about one of the angels in the book of revelations was Russell himself."

There is this gem from The Finished Mystery. The words in bold are the words from the scripture. The following text after the dash is their interpretation. Here is their interpretation of Revelation 16:8-10

And power was given unto him to scorch men.β€”Greek β€œThe Men,” i. e., the worshipers of the beast and his image.

With fire.β€”Perhaps some of the clergy became a trifle warm as they read Volume IV, as their later conduct seems to suggest. Why they should have disliked Pastor Russell when he told the truth, and proved it, is remarkable.

And men.β€”Greek β€œThe Men;” the clergy. In Rev. 8:9 the clergy are not so honored.

Were scorched with great heat.β€”Became warm, indignant at the Pastor's kindly explanation of the whore and the harlots, and the plainly evident application to the Papacy and the Protestant sects.

And blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues.β€”Misrepresented the name and character of the mighty one, Pastor Russell, to whom the Lord committed the task of presenting to His Church this meat in due season.

And they repented not to give Him glory.β€”β€œOne great obstacle to many is the contracted idea generally entertained of the meaning of the word god. They fail to note that the Greek theos (god) does not invariably refer to Jehovah, but signifies a mighty one. In the following texts the word god (theos) is used to refer to others than the one supreme being, Jehovahβ€”viz.:β€”John 10:34, 35; Acts 7:40, 43; 17:23; 1 Cor. 8:5.”—B. 274.

16:10. And the fifth [angel].β€”Volume V, of Studies.

• prologos
    prologos
    Even individual jws could get creative, so and so reminds us of:-- history repeats itself. sister xyz acts like Jezebel/ brother abc is strutting like Absolom, (current bible reading).
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I remember in the revelation book more than 20 , probably closer to 30 years ago ,how they pictured the 7 trumpets of judgement`s in Revelation to the series of Conventions in Cedar Point from 1922 onward .

I thought at the time that was a bit presumptuous of them to make such a call .

Yet it was years later before I through in the towel .

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos

The "everything pictures something" days are not done yet. Current WT ( 3/15/15) study articles, page 21. box:

(1) "picture Jesus"

(2) " pictures his anointed disciples" aka GB

"-money (3) which pictures ---making disciples"

right there in print: making disciples equals making money. Picture it.

• Vidiot
  • minimus
    minimus
    So, is Cedar Point Ohio significant??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit