Do You Remember The Days When The Society Would Say Everything Pictured Something About Them?😇

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus
    When you look at the Society's literature, it is pretty comical to see how important they believed they were. It seems to be not as bad under the new regime but they certainly believe they are a special people. Lol
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I remember reading somewhere that a creek mentioned in a Bible verse represented the organization. This creek was described as splitting into two creeks which meant, of course, that it represented the 144,000 and the Great Crowd.

Such nonsense inspired me, in a moment of silliness, to write a letter to an elder which said: "Typically typical, this type is full of type and even anti-types."

I was disfellowshipped for writing that.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Trumpets are conventions and horses are either literature or people. I truly found it amazing. Wasn't it just last week it was like that? Changed fast when the new GB took over. It was the drumming of 1919 into ever story in Revelation that made me throw up in my mouth often. Always went forward, what a dupe.
  • pixel
    pixel

They are full of it. They for instance, their thinking of their website: "It's the best in the world".

Idiots.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I still reckon they think what the thread Title says, if they don't, then where do they figure in the Grand Scheme of Things ?

Since I was a young man I took the piss out of all that stupid posturing, I often referred to the silliness of some convention where the Bible Students lurked amongst the trees at Cedar Point Ohio as being what it was, not fulfilling Bible prophecy, but arrant nonsense.

I never had one JW, Elder or not, pick me up on that.

The sad thing is that though I was that much awake, I did not take the next step for many a long year, as a born-in I still believed it was god's Org in some way.

What a gold-plated Twat I was.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    What a gold-plated Twat I was.

You and me both, Phizzy .. I was there, lapping it all up. But they still believe that they are the centre of God's universe (on Earth anyway). They may have abandoned the phrase anti-typical but they still believe that the prophecies and parables relate to them and the work they do..see this week's study WT. The Revelation book is still current teaching

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Even when I was fully indoctrinated I never completely bought into the trumpet blast, cedar point Ohio, enthroned in 1914. Now I know I had good reason not to.
  • minimus
    minimus
    That were influence by all their past Presidents to teach such nonsense. Is the revelation climax book still considered accurate? The Ezekiel book, the nations shall know...had a lot of silliness too.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I always laughed how they thought the Vatican thought about them and how worried etc that they knew they were the purest form of Christianity but could do nothing about it, as if the Vatican GAF about this group of wierdo's
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    How about one of the angels in the book of revelations was Russell himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit