Who Is Your Favorite Late Show Talk Host Of All Time?

by minimus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus
    Johnny Carson is still the king. I thought Jay Leno was very funny. Letterman did nothing for me.
  • DJS
    DJS
    Johnny Carson. Letterman had a few moments. Twenty years ago. Leno annoyed. I really like Jimmy Fallon. Conan has moments but is too quirky for a steady diet. Jimmy Kimmel isn't bad. But nobody has been able to touch Carson.
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Talk shows are no longer about talk with diverse guests. It's all about promotion of the latest project of the guest. I grew up watching Carson/ Cavett/ Merv Griffin/ Mike Douglas.

Letterman was acerbic and it took me time to warm up to him. He became a great interviewer and I enjoyed him. Leno, more juvenile, had a horrendous interview style from beginning to end but still had a funny show. Jimmy Fallon has a terrific show, writers, sketches, musicality. I enjoy Kimmel too. Haven't seen Conan since he lost the Tonight Show. Looking forward to see what Stephen Colbert brings to The Late Show. There's something for everyone.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Jimmy Fallon is the best since Johnny Carson.

Fallon is extremely talented, but Carson had the quickest wit of any of them.

Doc

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    Bill Maher is my God. I know he comes on at 8 PM....but that is a LATE talk show host for me.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Carson.
  • minimus
    minimus
    Fallon has a variety show. I just don't think he's funny but he is good in song and dance. Kimmel is pretty funny. He can make me laugh.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Graham Norton
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Carson was King with no close runners up buttttt.......

I got a real kick out of Chelsea Handler (the Chelsea Lately show) I miss her outrageous humor.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I am in the US but Graham Norton hands down. Thanks BBC America. He treats his guests with respect and not worship. Having them on the couch at the same time is the best. Steve Allen was my favorite American host.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit