Ten Commandments

by EA916 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Viviane,

I asked him that earlier. Curiously, he completely ignored it.
    I guess we have to keep reminding him every time he makes a post.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    I guess we have to keep reminding him every time he makes a post.
    Oh, that sounds naughty. I'm in.
  • EA916
    EA916

Like I said, you should show everyone PROOF (Bible texts for what you are saying)

1. Maybe you need to re-read your Bible. (Exodus 20:3) Read it a couple of times just so it can sink in that brain of yours :)

2. Give me a text that shows that Jesus endorsed slavery and rape?

3. What about the pole with the snake and the temple? Explain yourself better and with Biblical proof

4. Let me educate you: First, we should quote the verse correctly. It doesn't say God “needed” to rest; it simply says that He did. Also, it is clear from Scripture that God did not rest because He was tired.Genesis 17:1 calls God the “Almighty God.” Psalm 147:5 says, “Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.” God is all-powerful; He never tires and never needs to rest. As Isaiah 4:28 says, “The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary.” God is the sum of perfection; He is never diminished in any way, and that includes being diminished in power.

When God said, “Let there be light,” the light appeared. He simply spoke creation into existence Genesis 1:1-3. Later, we read that Jesus Christ “is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power” Hebrews 1:3. Forget the image of Atlas straining under the weight of the world on his shoulders. It’s not like that. The entire universe is held together by Jesus’ word. The creation and maintenance of the universe is not difficult for God. A mere word will suffice. As Psalm 33:9 declares, “For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.”

The Hebrew word translated “rested” in Genesis 2:2 includes other ideas than that of being tired. In fact, one of the main definitions of the Hebrew word shabat is “to cease or stop."God did not merely “rest” on the seventh day; He “stopped creating.” It was a purposeful stop. Everything He desired to create had been made. He looked at His creation, declared it “very good”, and ceased from His activity. In the Jewish tradition, the concept of shabat has been carried over as the "Sabbath.” The Law of Moses taught there was to be no work at all on the seventh day (Saturday). Because God ceased from work that day, the Israelite's were to cease from their work on the Sabbath. Thus, the days of creation are the basis of our universal observance of a seven-day week.

5. Many people mocked and beat Jesus, yet he still died so they can have salvation. My point is this: Even though my parents don't treat me well, they are still MY parents. We must honor them with respect. If they abuse you, of course go and report them, I would do that, but this commandment is showing us how to love our neighbor. Forgiveness is the biggest key to having a happy life. When we don't forgive, we live with envy and hate. But yes I understand what you are saying.

6. You have heard that the ancients were told, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER ' and 'Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.'"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; (Mathew 5:21) Words can kill someone weather you agree or not, it is the truth. But the command here is, DO NO KILL PERIOD.

7. Just because someone from the Bible did something doesn't mean God approves. Can you please show me where God approves of this... "Patriarchs were horning it up with temple concubines, sleeping with women not their wives and sleeping with their wives servants ALL THE TIME and with God's approval." AND THIS.."God approved of that all the time. In fact, polygamous marriages were also something God supported." Don't reply if you don;t have any Biblical proof to what you are saying.

8. Again, please explain yourself better with Bible proof. Just to remind you. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE BIBLE

9. A lie is a lie plain and simple. And Jesus promised to come back, which He will come back for his people. But that's another topic for another day ;)

10. Of course!! Jesus was poor, look at him? Many apostles died for there faith, they were persecuted yet found joy in there trials and tribulations, why? Because they found JESUS. They were blessed with what they had. And I hope anyone that is reading this can find joy and happiness with Jesus tonight. :)

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Like I said, you should show everyone PROOF (Bible texts for what you are saying)

Unless you are referencing something written here, for everyone to see, I've no idea. If you are referencing a PM you sent me, then you'll need to make that PM public for all to see. Otherwise, you've not said a thing.

Maybe you need to re-read your Bible. (Exodus 20:3) Read it a couple of times just so it can sink in that brain of yours

You're a typical Christian. When faced with your own holy book contradicting itself, you retreat into insults and attacks. That doesn't hurt me, it just shows how weak your argument and your grasp of your arguments is.

Give me a text that shows that Jesus endorsed slavery and rape?

Look, cowboy, I know you're trying to ask me for chapter and verse of all of these.Jesus said the law was perfect, the law endorsed slavery and rape. You're smart enough to connect those dots. You know God went around with a temple and an ark and commanded the snake pole (no sexual imagery there, eh?) to be put up. You know people were sleeping around with God's approval.

Well, I assume you know. If not, your bible knowledge sucks. Like, it's so bad you should be hiding rather than talking about the Bible. You should find the nearest homeless person and get them to argue because they probably know more about it than you, it's that bad if you can't find these passages on your own.

I'm not going to engage you in a Gish Gallop. If there are two or three of the things I mentioned that confuse you, let's address them. If you can't find the relevant scripture, I'll be happy to provide it. What I can't and won't do it attempt to engage you on every little thing you don't understand. You have to make some effort to read the Bible yourself and actually know what it says.

Also, which set of the 10 commandments? Are you picking one? God gave out two, why don't you honor both?

• EA916
    EA916
    Hahaha yet again you have made me laugh. Thank you for that. Your arguments were close to ZERO, I will give you a 1 for effort. If you do not want to debate, then why are you on here? And those last questions I will be glad to answer :)
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

EA916,

"Like I said, you should show everyone PROOF (Bible texts for what you are saying)"

I already gave you the Biblical citations.

"1. Maybe you need to re-read your Bible. (Exodus 20:3) Read it a couple of times just so it can sink in that brain of yours :smile:"

I already read and re-read Exodus 20 and 34. You have yet to acknowledge chapter 34.

"2. Give me a text that shows that Jesus endorsed slavery and rape?"

It's in the Old Testament which Jesus, as part of the triple headed God-committee, inspired.

Here are some of the many texts concerning rape and slavery:

Slavery:

1) Non-Israelites could be taken as slaves for life and their children be passed of as inheritance: Leviticus 25:44-46 compare to Leviticus 19:33-34 where it says the exact opposite.

2) A Hebrew slave was obligated for only six years of slavery but had to leave behind the wife his master gave him along with his children: Exodus 21:2-6.

3) A master was allowed to savagely beat his slave so long as he or she did not die within a day or two: Exodus 21:20-21 compare to Exodus 2:11-12.

Rape:

1) Virgin girls after killing their relatives: Numbers 31:14-18.

2) Women after killing their mother and father: Deuteronomy 21:10-14.

• EA916
    EA916
    I am here to learn as well. I will never stop learning about God. He is too big!! ;)
  • EA916
    EA916
    I love This!! Thank you Village idiot for helping me dive into the word tonight. I will reply to you very shortly :)
  • EA916
    EA916
    BTW Village idiot. I was talking to Viviane.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Hahaha yet again you have made me laugh. Thank you for that. Your arguments were close to ZERO, I will give you a 1 for effort. If you do not want to debate, then why are you on here? And those last questions I will be glad to answer

So.. you're denying Jesus said the law was perfect, that holy men slept with concubines and slave girls with God's approval and that God commanded something physical be put up as an aid for worship and that there was killing done with God's approval? I just want to be clear before we move on because, if you aren't, then you're agreeing with what I wrote. If you are denying it and it turns out that there are some Bible verses, it turns out you're denying God.

I just want to give you the opportunity to think about this and double (or, perhaps for the first time) check your Bible to see what it actually says.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit