Love, Marriage and Leaving JWs?

by non_trias_theos 46 Replies latest jw friends

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

Have you ever heard bitter divorcees relate their experiences about their former husbands or wives? Most of the time, if it is a wife telling the story, her former husband could not do anything right. He was a terrible father, lover, provider, cook, gardener and he smelled funky and was abusive. In other words, he was a total loser.

One wonders how the woman ever became attracted to such a loser or did he just change over time?

While the awful depictions of husbands are sometimes true, I think the negative depictions are oftentimes exaggerated. Could everything have really been bad all the time? Maybe. Then again, maybe not.

Peeps on this board sometimes remind me of bitter divorcees. Once they were supposedly happy Jws who had that first love and joyfully engaged in meeting attendance and the preaching work. Then something happened. What took place? What was responsible for the change in attitude? How did the organization go from THE org to THE borg? You tell non. Are you folks being a little hypercritical in this place?

I turn the platform over to you.

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Nope

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• ballistic
    ballistic

If you stopped for a second to listen to responses to your posts instead of talking down to people and running, you might find out.

• dissedsis
    dissedsis

Just wondering if you were an active JW there NON???? The way you talk sounds like you are kind of defending them. And what happened with most of us is that we did start to see the "truth" after a while of being brain washed. Just like with marriage and dating, no one shows their true self up front. The front is put on to impress and grab and then once they are secure that they have that person then the true colors come out and the love slowly dies. Look at it. If someone is studying with the Witnesses then everyone in the congregation will do everything that is needed to help that person studying, but after about a year of being baptized, if you are not a pioneer then they start looking at you to fault for some reason or another. Then the problems just start happening. Tell me your story. Why would you post something like that if you know how it is, and if you are still an active JW then what are you doing on this site anyway. You could be disfellowshiped for any dealings that you may have with apostates!!!!!! Think about it!!!!!!!!

• SYN
    SYN

http://www.thedicklist.com

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• Undine
    Undine

"You tell non"???????

Hah!!!!!!!

• Dawn
    Dawn

Of course most individuals here are not going to defend the Organization - they have left it for a reason and they're here to share their stories and heal.

I do understand your point - you're wondering what prompted someone to change their tune from Happy JW to Happy Apostate - check out the Personal Experiences forum for people's stories.

Of course - what is right for one person isn't the answer for someone else. So the Organization may offer what you need in your life right now and that's great - my uncle is an active JW now (for about 5 years) and it's the only thing that has ever kept him sober since he was 18 (he's now 75). So obviously the structured lifestyle and socializing is helping him. For others, like myself, it was a prison - and contributed to a major depression.

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

$$$Just wondering if you were an active JW there NON???? The way you talk sounds like you are kind of defending them.$$$

Non is a jw. He defends the Bible and jws.

$$$And what happened with most of us is that we did start to see the "truth" after a while of being brain washed. Just like with marriage and dating, no one shows their true self up front.$$$

I disagree. There are some individuals who try to reveal their actual attributes when they date others for the purpose of marriage. Psychologically speaking, we are talking about personal disclosure (the act of A revealing himself to B). But the act of disclosure does not thereby exhaust the mystery of human existence. No one knows himself fully except God. So often it is not a matter of hiding undesirable traits. A person is a mystery to himself.

$$$The front is put on to impress and grab and then once they are secure that they have that person then the true colors come out and the love slowly dies. Look at it.$$$

As I look back in time through the recesses of my mind, I find that what the jws first told me is still the case today. But I investigated the religion long and hard before I accepted it. I saw the good, the bad and the ugly.

$$$If someone is studying with the Witnesses then everyone in the congregation will do everything that is needed to help that person studying, but after about a year of being baptized, if you are not a pioneer then they start looking at you to fault for some reason or another. Then the problems just start happening.$$$

I think you are exaggerating to a certain degree. Some congregations are warmer than others. And human dynamics being what they are and since we existents are metastable, things ever change. It is called human dynamics.

$$$Tell me your story. Why would you post something like that if you know how it is, and if you are still an active JW then what are you doing on this site anyway. You could be disfellowshiped for any dealings that you may have with apostates!!!!!! Think about it!!!!!!!!$$$

I use Scripture as my guide. Whatever consequences flow from my decisions based on the Bible will be handled by me with fortitude and courage.

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

Thanks for your balanced reply, Dawn.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Non - I posted this question for you but you must have missed it:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=28194&site=3

I know it's off the subject of this Thread so perhaps you could take a looksie and post over there. Thanks - I'm curious to hear your response. I have asked a number of other JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit