All these people will be destroy unless they become JWs (Watchtower teaching)

by hardtobeme 26 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

edenone: your comment about the beautiful mansion.

such statements by jw used to gall me. They are based on deluded fantasy. How would such a mansion operate in a post apocalyptic world with no scheme water or electricity and no petroleum to deliver the food and necessities from power operated factories possibly many many miles away.

It was clear that witnesses had never thought such ideas through and "I wonder if it will become available" is an arrogance indeed that some wt committee again post apocalyptic will sit and decide who will get what. Offer to run a simple outback survival weekend and watch the b & S run a mile.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Helping stranded motorists, fallen old men, and walking old ladies across the street is no way to make God happy. Advertising a website... now THAT puts a smile on God's face and you will be rewaded with eternal life and dead men's mansions.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Obviously all those helping people ARE already JWs. Nobody else on the planet would show such qualities.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Obviously all those helping people ARE already JWs. Nobody else on the planet would show such qualities.

"Evidently."

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

If god can read hearts then there is no reason for JW's period. I never could get past the arrogance of the religion and that only JW's will survive, especially since most are born in.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The ones I know will deny that this the teaching. They either lie, or mentally blank out what they do not like . The WTS prints this :

Our Problems, Who Will Help Us Solve Them? p 27 (a brochure for Hindus)

“If Masterji is right,” she said, “and God is soon going to destroy wicked people, we will be safe. We do not cheat or lie, we go to the temple and pray, and we lead a moral life. No harm can come to our family.”
    “It would certainly be necessary to lead a moral life to survive God’s destruction of wicked people, Dadi,” Mariam responded. “He would not want people in his new world who lie, cheat, and kill, or it would be no different from the present world, would it? But just think, Dadi. In a time of disaster, like a flood, the government gives us specific instructions for survival. These are based on their knowledge of the exact situation and what they know is going to happen. We would not sit at home and say, ‘I am a good person, so I will not drown,’ would we? Now, God is going to bring a much greater disaster than a flood. He is bringing a war, which the Bible calls Armageddon, that will affect every individual on earth. (Revelation 16:14-16) The Holy Scriptures tell us that being morally good is one basic necessity for survival. But God has also given other specific instructions, based on his knowledge of the situation. These also we must follow if we are to survive. Those who follow God’s instructions would be considered ‘righteous,’ ‘upright,’ and ‘blameless’ ones who the Bible says will be left over in the earth when God destroys the wicked

God's Kingdom Rules p230 (2014 release)

"The Watchtower stated some years ago "Survival will depend on obedience". Why is that so? The answer is found in a warning given to captive jews living in ancient Babylon..........(Is 26.20)
    ..................What is the lesson for us? As in the case of those ancient servants of God, our survival of coming events will depend on our obedience to Jehovah's instructions. (Is 30.21) Such instructions come to us through the congregation arrangement.Therefore we want to develop heartfelt obedience to the guidance we are receiving"

and this little gem of "compassion"

Wt 2005 1/12 p6

Many wonder, however, why a God who is the very embodiment of love would inflict death and destruction on much of humankind. The situation might be compared to that of a pest-infested house. Would you not agree that a conscientious homeowner should safeguard the health and well-being of his family by exterminating the pests?
    Similarly, it is because of Jehovah’s deep affection for humans that the battle of Armageddon has to be fought. God’s purpose is to make the earth a paradise and to elevate mankind to perfection and peace, with “no one making them tremble.” (Micah 4:3, 4; Revelation 21:4) What, then, is to be done with those who threaten the peace and security of their fellow humans? God must eliminate such “pests”—the incorrigibly wicked—for the sake of the righteous ones

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I knew full well what the teaching was. I just figured that it would be the subject of "new light" later, or that we would get a surprise at Armageddon when a bunch of other people made it through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit