AMATEURS using BAD METHODS: what possible expertise does the GB possess?

by Terry 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Do they have any special knowledge from research? How about business skills? Perhaps the lawyers are running the place.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

EIGHT MILLION sincere, devout human beings are spending the majority of their time following the dictates of amateurs.

Doesn't that boggle your mind?

It did once but not any more.. the world has never been in short supply of mindless idiots.

• Paris
    Paris

I think they are being "managed" by a PR firm and the whole jw.org thing is a "Branding" attempt, but these guys do not present well. They are like the Muslims, the more you get to know them, the less you like them.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If you say "God is with us" that's all the "qualification" they need.

Religion closes down the mind, and we all know how the mind is like parachute-

it only works when it is open.

• Terry
    Terry

Morphing into the historical structure of the Catholic Church seems to be the destiny of the GB.

Whether tis consciously so, or merely the natural course of events for bureaucrats, I dunno.

I can remember when I first began associating with JW's at a Kingdom Hall.

I thought there was an obsessive interest in flipping the Bible pages and "proving" teachings.

It really, really bored me!

I wondered why they didn't simply teach from the Authority of being the True church the way Catholics did.

Of course, my grandmother was Catholic and that was the only church I had any rudimentary knowledge of.

Now, ironically all these years later; the LOYALTY being demanded of JW's comes down to Authority "BECAUSE WE SAY SO."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

the LOYALTY being demanded of JW's comes down to Authority "BECAUSE WE SAY SO."

Not so surprising now that most of the WTS's doctrines are known to be false or were misleading information mostly construed to heighten interest

to the literature published by the WTS.

With that awareness being strewn around by the avaialblity such the inter-net, the " YOU MUST BE LOYAL ' has really come to the forefront.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit