Jesus is the Problem-"Christian Parents (not JWs) kick their son out for being Gay

by fulltimestudent 14 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Jesus had nothing to say - for or against, homosexuality. Yet in his name, ignorant 'Christian' parents will shun their children. And Jesus does not interfere. Where is he when his followers act like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1df_i26wh-w#t=132

My GAYXJW friend followed the course, that the parents in the video advocate. "Give up being gay, and be a good Christian," wasting decades of his life in a useless Christian cult, damaging to his own life and that of jhis ex-wife.

Will Christians never learn?

• Space Madness
    Space Madness

Jesus didn't say anything about homosexuality because the Jews didn't practice homosexuality. Jesus preached only to Jews. Paul mentioned homosexuality because he preached primarily to Gentiles. And to Gentiles like the Greeks and Romans, homosexuality was very common. Jesus had no reason to bring up homosexuality because the Jews already knew it was against God's law.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

OK, space madness:

Jesus had no reason to bring up homosexuality because the Jews already knew it was against God's law.

First, that could be the reason, but then Jesus discussed many other topics that were part of the Mosaic Law. He considered they were important issues (read Matthew 5) even though the "Jews already knew" those issues. For example Leviticus 19:17, commands,

"You must not hate your brother in your heart."

So the Jewish hearers of Jesus teachings already knew that, but he still discussed the issue

Does his failure to mention male to male sex, (even though Palestine was under Roman occupation) mean that he did not consider male/male sex an important issue?

Second, in your brief argument you state that:

"the Jews already knew it was against God's law."

I presume your referring to the Leviticus, "gay-bashing" texts?

Leviticus 18:22 states:

"And you must not lie down with a male the same as you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable thing."

In reality, a man can't have sex with another man, " the same as you lie down with a woman."

I'm sure you've noticed that males lack a vagina. So the text is usually interpreted to be a prohibition on anal sex. Do you agree?

If you do, may I ask whether you consider it a sin when heterosexuals engage in anal sex?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I love how all of these "Christians" have such foul mouths!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Waiting for Jesus is problematic. I clearly see that the vast majority of Jesus sayings lead to the conclusion that gays be accepted. We must remember the beloved disciple, not named but tradition says it was John. Jesus' own sexuality may not be so straight.

• steve2
    steve2

When push comes to shove, prejudice shows its ugly and angry shouting face - even towards its own kith and kin. This is not the sorry world of JWs alone - but of all those Bible believers who swear allegiance to the inerrancy of Scripture.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Jesus didn't say anything about homosexuality because the Jews didn't practice homosexuality.

That's hilarious, that you think there weren't any gay Israelites. The reason there was a proibition against it is that people were doing it!

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I remember a flaw in the movie 'Religious' with Bill Maher. He said the NT had nothing against homosexuallity.

It does actually..... you liberal Chrisntians need to read Romans 1, 1 Corinthains 6 etc... You believe this?

I think the NT is the product of it's time and as literary work is beautiful but as a moral guide... get a life.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

There were many gay Israelites... Ezekiel is one.... read his book... he killed his wife you know... Jeremiah (if her existed) was too.. I tin Jeremiah 16 is an apologetic and Baruch was more then a friend

• flipper
    flipper

Indeed. It's disgusting how allegedly " Christian " parents can kick their children out of their lives due to their being gay or lesbian. I have an older JW sister who associated with her gay unbaptized adult son AND his partner as long as her wealthy gay son helped her financially. Then when her son got married to his partner and stopped helping her financially - she decided to shun him- and he was never even a baptized JW. My sister's such a hypocrite ! One reason I don't socialize much at all with many of my JW relatives- except my mom. A parents love for his or her children should be unconditional. Sexual preferences should not matter if it's between consenting adults. Religion is a big problem on this planet- it causes much hatred and needless dissension between people

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit