That 'Resurrection' video is cultish and scary but it couldn't actually harm anyone. Could it?

by nicolaou 10 Replies latest jw friends

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

So, I'm not sure what to think about this case. They were, according to reports, seeking proton beam treatment, which was not available in Britain, and which the doctors were unwilling to pursue. According to reports. This has nothing to do with blood, but, once again, why in the world would their religious beliefs come up? It makes no sense. You would never see this about a Catholic, Protestant, etc. The only thing I can think is that JWs advertise their religious background when talking to doctors BECAUSE of the blood issue, just in case.

My question is: is what these parents did actually a crime? Apparently, international authorities think so. But, I'm not so sure. Eliminating the religious affiliation from the equation, and assuming that the reports are true, are the parents ethically in the right to seek better treatment? I think so. But, perhaps they went about it all wrong. Shouldn't they have procured an appointment with whatever facility they were going to first and arrange for transport via proper channels where the boy would be looked after during transport? That would be my thinking, at least, and they would be well within their rights as parents to ask for such a thing.

It's an interesting case, to be sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit