That 'Resurrection' video is cultish and scary but it couldn't actually harm anyone. Could it?

by nicolaou 10 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

My wife and I spent last evening, as so many did, concerned for the King family and their little boy Ashya (BBC report). It's clear that blood is not an issue in their decision to take Ashya away from hospital and the vital medical attention that he needs. The Watchtower Office of Public Information also denied "that their decision is in any way motivated by any religious convictions".

Hmmm. I know the Kings and I know that any major decisions they make (lesser ones too) most certainly are motivated by their JW faith so what is going on here?

I said in the other thread that I'm not inclined to speculate without facts but this horrible thought has been eating at me since last night and now, at 5.30 in the morning, I need to throw it out there if only to have it shot down.

Brett and Nagemeh love their children - all six of them. They would only want what's best for them. In their indoctrinated and at this time distressed state of mind, what might they conclude is the best possible outcome for their little boy Ashya?

How might their prayers best be answered?

I've no doubt they had been to the Twickenham Convention and had watched that crazy video only 6 days earlier. I'm breaking my own personal code by posting all this but I need to get some feedback.

Sure hope today brings some good news . .

Watchtower 'Resurrection' Video

• Listener
    Listener

Phizzy had this comment on a different thread regarding this case

The Office of Public Information for Jehovah's Witnesses said in a statement: "There is absolutely no indication, as far as we are aware, that their decision is in any way motivated by any religious convictions.

"Jehovah's Witnesses are encouraged to seek the best medical treatment for themselves and their children,"

This is the deceitfulness of the organization. From all the records they do not know why the parents took their child out of hospital but they do and should have some indication that their decision was motivated by their religious convictions. JWs are told time and time again to put their religious convictions first in their life and it should affect every aspect of it. If they are not making decisions based on their religious convictions then they are not doing what the religion tells them to do.

Their hope of a resurrection would motivate them in their decisions, their hope for the future is what keeps them motivated. How much this has affected their actions we could not say.

The public comment they made rings as untrue as their next comment - that JWs are encouraged to seek the best medical treatment. This is far from the truth when they not only discourage blood transfusions but they forbid it. They also do not encourage blood fractions or anything related to blood, they simply leave that to the conscience of the parent.

It is shocking how, in front of the eyes of the world, they will deny their religion as having any influence on JWs.

• 88JM
    88JM

Stolen from reddit:

Our Kingdom Ministry, September 1992, p. 5-6:

"Safeguarding Your Children From Misuse of Blood" "When there is a crisis, elders may consider it advisable to arrange a 24-hour watch at the hospital, preferably by an elder with the patient’s parent or another close family member. Blood transfusions often are given when all relatives and friends have gone home for the night. ... What if a doctor or a hospital intends to get a court order to transfuse your child? Is this the time to quit, assuming that there is nothing more that can be done? By no means! It may still be possible to avert a transfusion. Preparation for such a possibility should be made ahead of time. ... But it should be made clear to all concerned that you, as parents, feel an obligation to continue to do all that you can to avoid a transfusion. This is your God-given responsibility. It is not transferable."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Not motivated by religious convictions?!?! BULL SHIT.

Listen to this very carefully. The GB have a special relationship with the R&F. The GB speak for GOD, therefore the R&F obey. How does this actually work?

I told my wife about the organ transplant debacle in an effort to help her reason. I told her that JWs had no choice but to agree and obey because the WTBTS speaks for GOD. I TOLD HER PEOPLE DIED, and in the end the "inspired" teaching was wrong. I then asked, " Had you lived back then, and our child was going to die without a transplant, would you have listened to the WTBTS?" She said, " I would NEVER disobey the GB, and we have the resurrection."

To obey the WTBTS, my wife was willing to let our only child die. What do think? Is that dangerous?

DD

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

A European arrest warrant has been issued for Brett and Nagemeh King.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Nicolau, I know you feel close to this familiy and my heart goes out to you and them. I don't know if the video was a specific trigger to what has happened but I do believe that the resurrection doctrine is part of the miasma of belief that affects their thinking and reduces the value of life.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Happy to have been VERY wrong about the circumstances involved notwithstanding that this is still a tragic, fluid and unresolved family dilemma.

http://youtu.be/14ETQn9ZPwk

• Listener
    Listener

Jehovah's Witnesses are encouraged to seek the best medical treatment for themselves and their children,"

They now have the opportunity to prove that they really do this.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I've not asked the question directly but I am pretty sure the parents were not at Twickenham since they were basically at the hospital 24/7.

• LennaB
    LennaB

Our convention was the first to view this, I remeber thinking jow wonderful :/ Gosh, so sad this is happening to peoples children. "Our hope is in theresurrection friends." Tragic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit