I hear it but I can't believe it

by Sour Grapes 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

My elder friend told me that his KH is in need of upgrading their electronic system so that they can be ready for the big Zone meeting in November and they need the flat screen televisions mounted to also enjoy all future special meetings put on by the Branch. The Branch has given them the exact specifications and he mentioned the Branch wants to use Apple products. They passed a resolution for a one time donation by the publishers to pay for the $6,000.00 system. Of course they had these funds a couple of months ago in their account until the WTBTS said that these funds was extra cash not needed by the congregation and should be given to them to help with the worldwide work.

At my hall a comment was made about how Jehovah's organization is moving so fast with new technology and we need to keep up with it and that He wants us to use the Ipads at the door so we need to adapt to the new way of preaching. Again Ipads seem to be the preference by the rank and file. Who is going to pay for all of the data used? The time is very near that if you are not using a tablet that you will be looked at as being spiritual weak.

My wife has been telling everyone about JW.Org and she doesn't even know how to use a tablet.

Sour Grapes

• Magnum
    Magnum

JWs are spending all their time on stuff like this and no time on deep research and really spiritual things. They are becoming ever more shallow.

Jehovah's organization is moving so fast with new technology and we need to keep up with it

Jehovah's organization has been very slow with new technology. It is just now accepting it, having frowned on it for years.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The time is very near that if you are not using a tablet that you will be looked at as being spiritual weak.

Only in the flip-flopping wacky world of Watchtower can you go from being spiritually weak for having internet and 20 years later be spiritually weak for not having internet.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Geez, what about the elderly who think an IPad is a personal hygiene product? This is unbelievable, must be their effort to retain the young ones who leave asap when they are of legal age. I hope the KHs have a good security system, unfortunately you hear of churches being ripped off all the time of their computers, tvs, etc.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I KNEW it. I predicted the borg would somehow broker some deal with whichever techology company they want ALL witnesses to use. Whether for products, or internet service, etc.... That the borg would specify which products to buy.

UGH

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Money grubbing basta**ds. And all for nothing, just to give the impression that Big J ain't behind the times.

• designs
    designs

Can a Tardis in the lobby be far behind....

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Specifying the product to use is the best way to avoid support troubles. I'm puzzled by the mention of a flat-screen TV, as I thought all the Halls were using projectors.

• NoMoreHustle
    NoMoreHustle

I can say first hand account there are two new probably 50" TV's mounted in our Kingdom Hall. They have been up for over a month now. It is amazing how no one even asks why???

• happy@last
    happy@last

I wonder if getting used to all the technology in order to fritter away time on JWorg is because they have smaller magazines and less literature and so the GB have realised they need to find more ways to waste a JWs time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit