Bible verses removed from NWT at jw.org

by hardtobeme 14 Replies latest jw friends

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

Why would they remove Bible verses from the Bible?

Anyone knows why?

• hoser
    hoser

what verses are removed?

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Because there are 3 texts types for the New Testament and the NWT uses Wescott and Hort the same as the NIV, NLT, ESV, NASB etc

The KJV,NKJV, GLT all use the Textus Receptus which has more verses

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

I mean, the number on the verses.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Give me an example? If you mean John 7:53-8:11 or Mark 16:8 onwards it is for the reason I already stated.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I just went to the website. They have chapters, but the chapters are no longer divided into verses. Very strange. So if you read Matthew 24, you cannot determine where verse 14 begins, becaus verses are no longer listed.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

CHECK THIS OUT!!!! Most of the bible as has been said only has chapters. But I went through the book of Matt. No verses, EXCEPT when you hit chap 24!

So they obviously want people to be able to quickly find their stupid matt 24:45 scripture they apply to themselves.

So is it coincidence, technical difficulties, or are they going to have all scripture verses not revelant to their twisting of the bible as blank and only have the labeled scriptures for their doctrine? If that's the case then they'll probably only be 5 chapters out of the entire bible that have verses listed.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Checked this out myself earlier and the verse nos. were not appearing, found it strange too. Let's just assume it's more of a technical glitch in the system. If it stays the same after 1 week, then there is something wrong.

• jwleaks
  • Legacy
    Legacy

HI,

I noticed it yesterday. I thought I had to re-boot my computer. I was doing my WT for Sunday went to JW.org. saw chapters but no verses. Guess it's some type of glitch....Wonder if anyone has called HDQ, to let them know. OR...maybe they are going to re-arrange the verses...too bad we can't print the entire bible as it is now & then compare when they DO fix the glitch....Maybe they'll say when one clicks on JW.org...SITE UNDERCONSTRUCTION...

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit