WT makes comic books now!

by wifibandit 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• processor
    processor

Can you imagine the size of a camp that could accommodate up to 4 millions people and animals ?

Yes: http://dailytext2.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/a-private-place-should-be-designated-for-use-outside-the-camp/

Due to the many animals, the camp might have had a diameter of 12, or maybe even 30 miles. Depending on one’s home location, the way to the privy and back could have taken a day or more.

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

FrenchFreeJW said

Can you imagine the size of a camp that could accommodate up to 4 millions people and animals ?

'So the people gathered around Aaron and said to him: “Get up, make for us a god who will go ahead of us'

Millions of people around Aaron.... he made just one calf for all ... it's so ridiculous

You think so?

Keep your eyes on Mecca the 2nd till the 7th of October. Then you will see 4 million people running around a small black stone and 1.4 billion other ones thinking about that stone and bowing down to it 5 times a day.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Has everyone seen the one about LOT and the angels?

It ever so conveniently leaves out the part about:

• the men of the city being "depraved homosexuals"
    • lot offering his daughters up to be gang-raped, and
    • lot and his daughters having "family sex" together and both girls popping out children who's father is also their grandfather!

Hey GB / WT, try making a kids cartoon about that account, and actually putting in the WHOLE content from the bible!

Why hide the stuff that seems awkward from the little ones??

Oh, cos its sick, thats why!!!!!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

4 million people in a desert for 40 years and not one scrap of archeological evidence. Amazing.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

This!

This is just the way the Bible needs to be conveyed - super-heroes and super-villains. It puts it all squarely where it needs to be, in fantasy.

Amazing that millions of people today still believe as historical truth mere ancient old scary Jewish stories to frighten the people into behaving properly.

• Strangelove
    Strangelove

I am usually not so critical of writing, considering how subjective it is, and so on.

But holy hell. "So I...Um. Threw their gold into the fire. And...Well... Out came this calf." This was written, people! Not written by just anyone, a self appoined spiritual channel to the one and only true God who apparently has all the answers. I expect a lot better than "He was very sorry, so Jehovah forgave him" Shoehorned right at the end to explain Aaron's survival. How Zipporah says so casually, "Oh, Jehovah called him to the Mountain." It reeks of an apparent lack of pacing. I know they probably don't have time for a lot of this stuff, but come on, if this is coming from a Perfect source, it better damn well reflect such. I and many others should expect something spectacular and without any flaw whatsoever.

Art is pretty good though. Such a shame it had to be wasted on this dialouge.

(PS: Really struck me, How exactely do you throw gold into a fire and make a calf out of it? Without the tools to do it. Last I checked, Molten Gold is hot and they didn't have welding equipment. Maybe it was spirit directed, but are you telling me that Satan or a Demon or... Ah this story is so stupid. There is no reason to dig any deeper)

• smiddy
    smiddy

What I want to know is where did they get all that camping equipment and livestock from ? weren`t they slaves in egypt ?

smiddy

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

They are becoming a caricature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit