• jam
    jam

My grand father favorite phrase," wrong is wrong". I have known

young men that was killed or beaten by the police and didn't

make national news. It's not about black or white it's about rouge

police officers. I have friends that are or were in law enforcement and

it's not a easy job.

The week when R. King was beaten by the LA cops I became the company

black representative in defense of R. King, not by my own choice.

The company I worked for, very few blacks that worked there, I was

the only black in my department. So each day folks would come by my

desk and ask my opinion. Most felt he deserved the beating. LOL

Are you kidding me. What made my blood boil, I knew R. King the

same KH....

The point, "wrong is wrong"..It doesn't matter, if the victim is black,

green, white or yellow, it's wrong...

• prologos
    prologos

I am just reading Pinker --Angels of our NATURE-- and thinking:

all the cops, as a tribe, could be in a ' credible retaliation' mode, trying unknowingly to project the message to the undisciplined: you attack us in any way,-- we have a credible deterrent.

• designs
    designs

My son works for a Sheriff's Department. Interesting mix these days. Crime is different, training is different, burnout is different. Can be a volatile mix.

• designs
    designs

How would you call it- An African American man was Tasered 13 times by police in East Point, Georgia. The man died of the injuries. The man was apparently handcuffed and the tasing was done as a "cattle prod" to move the man after a foot chase by police left him tired. Lawyers for the officers said the two policemen performed within Department guidelines.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I just saw a story about cities that require all officers to wear a camera and record every interaction. Injuries due to police action dropped 47%, complaints of police brutality dropped even more. I like the idea, it keeps the police aware they need to follow procedure and not get carried away, if deadly force is needed the officer has proof of it.

• neverendingjourney
  • finally awake
    finally awake

Too many people are attracted to a career in law enforcement for the wrong reasons. Body cameras that cannot be turned off should be mandatory for all officers.

• minimus
    minimus

Two faced

• zeb
    zeb

From this country far away I observe that Missouri has nine separate police forces.. one state nine forces? The doco i saw stated this and that it was not unusual to get a traffic ticket for a broken taillight over and over as you drove across the lines separating the respective divisions. This would surely piss people off.

But the same doco stated showing the arrest book that very few arrested in the riots were local people but flooded in from other states.. and that sounds like professional trouble makers. I have no tolerance for looters.

sounds abit like some screaching feminists demonstrators who a few years ago camped out side a R.A.N. base but just 48 hours later were videoed screaching for some other cause on the other side of the country. Who paid the air fares?

In all the vastness of my home state apx 1/3rd of Australia there is one police dept that covers the entire state.. perhaps we are just lucky.

My condolences to the people so intimately affected.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Seriously?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit