Looking for a new razor

by Theredeemer 19 Replies latest social physical

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I use a single edge safety razor. I have a very coarse beard ( yes, it gives good back rubs), so coarse that I can't grow a beard because it cuts into my baby soft face. I have the worst combo, sensitive skin and a coarse beard. I use old fashioned shaving soap with a badger brush. Shaving oil is awesome as well. I get an incredibly close shave without ingrown hairs.

Just buy an old one from an antique shop. You can get blades from EBay.

DD

• Simon
    Simon

The ads are linked to your recent surfing habits.

It can be a mix of "interest based" (search history) and "contextual" (what the page is about).

Google do probably know more about us than we do ourselves.

The one thing I find annoying is after searching for and buying something, getting ads for it forever more - they should have an "I bought this already!" button somewhere.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

To quit the tracking and adds, if you use google chrome, for EVERY site you visit for the next week or 2, right click on it and click on the screen, then click on "page info' then under the permissions tab, click on "show cookies and site data". Then block every cookie that is not relevant to the website and all obvious advertising cookies. Some websites will only have a few, and some websites like yahoo.com you will have to cycle through a few times because they'll throw 100 cookies/websites at you to try to track. After a few days to a week you'll be track free without the hassle of blocking all cookies and unable to do much.

Right now there are shaving ads on this page, but that's probably because of the words in this thread.

• Dismissing servant
  • Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

I just started using a double edged safety razor and I love it. it took a little getting used to but it works great and is a great morning routine to use an old fashioned tool. I got mine from Amazon for 10$

http://www.amazon.com/Baili-Double-Safety-Razor-Blades/dp/B00GWC120M/ref=sr_1_332?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1409180102&sr=1-332&keywords=safety+razor

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I find Occams Razor very useful.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Probably the besy one, Phissy....I wonder if it is double edged?

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Probably the besy one, Phissy....I wonder if it is double edged?

• Splash
    Splash

Phizzy I find Occams Razor very useful.

I tried to buy one from jworg, but it had been withdrawn.

Splash

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

I actually have the Harry's razor. I think it shaves really well. I don't like their cream, (to dry for me) but the blades are fine. Their plans are affordable but you don't have to buy a plan. I buy what I want and when. Cost per cartridge is less than what you'd pay at the store and you can get free shipping. Buy 4 blades ($2.00 ea) and pay shipping. Buy 8 blades ($1.88 ea) and get free shipping and pay less per blade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit