Really weird sentence

by Moses Joe 17 Replies latest jw friends

• MissFit
    MissFit

Data dog Something has to give. You cant go on like this. Misery is just oozing from every key stroke. Can coming out and being true to yourself be more miserable and painful than what you are going through?

Your family only has a shadow of a man. Dont all of you deserve more?

Moses Joe: I dont think you owe anyone an explanation. This is between you and Jehovah. Just tell him that you have faith that Jehovah knows your heart.

Quote him that scripiture that says Jehovah is greater than our hearts.

Miss.Fit

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The phrase almost sounds like he's making a Poe reference (The Tell-Tale Heart). Maybe he thinks you've committed some serious sin and are trying to justify it by attacking the org.

• Londo111
    Londo111

This reminds me of when Scientologists confront people with, “What are your crimes?”

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Paris: Do not communicate with the Cult. Change your phone number and if possible your name and locate to a different State, or country if possible. Just pack up your car with essential belongings and get out of town and keep driving. Do not look back.

Essentially, doesn't this mean that the cult is still controlling his life? Why advise M-Joe to relocate, change his name, etc? It's absurdly extreme and completely unnecessary. Following this advice, despite having made an exit, the WT is still the Master.

Fading from WT is so incredibly easy. Do what I did: simply stop going to meetings and stop communicating with JWs. They'll quickly lose interest in you and before long you won't even be a distant memory.

There's one thing that is assured with JWs: their "love" is conditional, their interest in you as a person is superficial. A JWs only value is being a dutiful slave to WT's interests. Stop being a slave and your worth to your "brothers" will evaporate in a nanosecond.

Quit worshipping the GB or supporting the group and you'll quickly be relegated to the "he's not one of us anymore" category.

M-Joe: live your life. do what you want to do, don't let this ridiculous pseudo-religion and its retarded minions determine any longer the choices you make.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"Your self condemning heart is speaking."

Really? His lack of thinking, cult-indoctrinated programming is speaking!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It means your own heart is evil (you sinner) and you can not rely on your own understanding. You need to turn off your brain and come back an do just as your told, listen, obey, and be blessed.

• Paris
    Paris

Shirely - I meant the total disappearance act as a metaphor for disengagement.

Datadog - may consider the fact your wife actually does value you above her friends and life in the WT. Have you read Crisis of Conscience ? May be she is not an atheist ( I am assuming you are? ) may be she could be gradually convinced that there is another better, path to God. If she could see this is possible and will save her children from a Cult ? If killing yourself has become an option, how could being open and honest about your feelings be any worse ? It would be a positive project to work on and somehow insincerity is detectable by children on a subliminal level and creates serious trust issues they carry throughout their own lives. Be honest.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

Just a couple weeks ago, an elder and the CO from the congregation I went to dropped by my house. I forgot what scripture they used but it was something about those who leave the congregation for whatever reasons. They said they wanted to help and asked which I probably fit into. I said I don't fit into any of them. They shut up real quick and left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit