No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit...Elders

by jam 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The retention rate for Jehovah's Witnesses is the lowest for any religion. If they disqualified elders because their children did not accept the religion they would have very few elders left. I think they used to be more strict about it, but the would have a hard time enforcing it now.

There is a HUGE difference between a child that is gay, and a child who becomes a stripper. Homosexuality is not a choice, but integral to a person. Most gay Jehovah's Witnesses come to terms with this and leave, any that stay live a lie and suffer for it. It's an impossible situation, I pity any JW parent that goes through this, there is no way for them to resolve this according to the dictates of the Watchtower.

Being a stripper is very different. I don't know what would make a young girl want to be a stripper if she had loving parents, and was raised with values and was not sexually abused. If she is an adult there is not much the parents can do about it, although I guess it raises questions about the parenting.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I don't know what would make a young girl want to be a stripper if she had loving parents, and was raised with values and was not sexually abused. If she is an adult there is not much the parents can do about it, although I guess it raises questions about the parenting.

That I'm afraid is a moralistic inspired myth. There are many well educated women who are ultra feminists that came from normal families and have never been abused that are or have been strippers

"The first academic research project into lap dancing has found that, rather than being uneducated young women who have been coerced into the industry, one in four dancers has a degree and has been attracted by the money."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/one-in-four-lap-dancers-has-a-degree-study-finds-2063252.html

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I mean 1984. I came in as a teen around 82'.. slipped out the back door in 84'.. back again in late 2013 and quit 4 months later. Took me just a week for the TATT to wake me up.

Wow, you didn't waste much time at all in the religion, that's great to hear. I was born into it, and still haven't left!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I guess it is moralistic, but I would not want my daughter to be a stripper, whether she had a degree or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit