JW's Kicked out of Ground Zero!

by Mister Biggs 33 Replies latest social current

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Hmmm-

Thanks for the tip.
    However, I just created Mister 8iggs because there was another news article that I wanted to post but I hit my 2-a-day limit under "Biggs".
    Turns out that someone else posted the same exact thread anyway.

Hopefully, I won't use "8iggs" again.

Thanks!

• Nicodemus
    Nicodemus

I found these two quotes interesting:

Prohibitions against religious proselytizing at Red Cross disaster operations have prompted Baptist relief officials to seek closer ties to the Salvation Army, which doesn't discourage "witnessing," Belt said.
    "We send our counselors in the guise of kitchen workers, wiping the tables, who just ask if there is anything they can do," he said. "That opens more doors."
    Hmm . . .
  • dissedsis
    dissedsis

I remember after the Sept. 11 incident my granny(a nutty JW) would always keep it on CNN and one day I was watching and she said that there were 4 Witnesses that had been injured and one had died and how sad it was. I looked at her and I said "granny, what is sad is that almost 4,000 people lost their life period" SHE JUST LAUGHED!!!!! Screw us all if we don't worship the almighty WTS!!!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

I appreciated this line:

: The most effective witness is listening, Watson said.

Unfortunately, such courtesy doesn't sell books and the WTS is in the business of selling books.

Farkel

• raven101
    raven101

quote]"We send our counselors in the guise of kitchen workers, wiping the tables, who just ask if there is anything they can do," he said. "That opens more doors."[/quote]

Hmm . . ."

Precisely Nicodemus.

If someone went in there to proselytize in the "guise" of a relief worker they were doing no different than the jehovahs witnesses were . . . and excuse me people it sounds like your all saying the witnesses didn't do any real work . . . ? . . . can you show evidence of that because I haven't SEEN any??

I'm getting a little tired of insinuations as well as flat out statements that witnesses are any worse than other religions, there just isn't any evidence to that effect.

raven101

• Satanus
    Satanus

This is priceless.

SS

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

ROFLMAO!

I am laughing so hard I'm crying!

This is priceless!

• JanH
    JanH

Thanks Biggs

Interesting this should come up here today. I just today found a similar case about the Scientologists.

A few days ago scientologists in Norway sent out a press release where they boasted how active they were in helping victims at "ground zero". They will have a tent in Oslo tomorrow (friday) to try to cash in on this tragedy by sucking in the gullible to their money making machine.

To see how the clams actually "worked" at GZ, check out this expose at Operation Clambake's webpages at http://www.xenu.net/archive/events/20010911-tragedy/

It's amazing what people can get away with, if they label their con games "religion".

And in this game, the JWs are amateurs compared to the scientologists.

- Jan
    --
    - "How do you write women so well?" - "I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability." (Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets")

• Hmmm
    Hmmm
    Hmmm-
    Thanks for the tip.
    However, I just created Mister 8iggs

It's a bit disconcerting that I play stupid and people don't think I'm joking!!! Is this the reputation I've built up?

JanH,
    Wow. The Scientologists do make JWs seem like rank amateurs when it comes to scamming people. I wonder if that's because more people in Scientology's hierarchy know it's all BS, so they don't mind stooping to any level, or just that they're not constrained by moral principles (their core work not being based on the Bible, but on a science fiction writer's imagination.)

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I also was at ground zero for ten days a week and half after the tragedy. I am an employee of the Salvation Army. I was sent there as a crisis counselor for all the workers at the site. I worked..what I call the pit. It was still burning parts of it 1600 degrees.

Yes the scientologist were there. They also got kicked out five days into my run. It was because you had to have military clearance and there was no way for them to get the proper ID. They in fact gave our site all their water and tents that they just left behind.

The only JW I ever saw there were two elders preaching to the fire fighters and NYPD. I went up to both of them and asked if they wanted to help..which they politely declined. They were only there to "spread the good new." So for caring about your fellow man in a time of need. I never told them that I was an ex JW. Man at that moment I knew I made the right decision to walk away from that cult. That was the last time they were allowed in. So I don't care what they are telling the flock. They are not telling them the truth. GEeeeee that's surprising.
    Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit