My summer camp job experience

by d 37 Replies latest social relationships

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

May I ask your age? I've know long distance relationships that work. The long distance is a stressor. A camp experience is not the same as routine life.

• d
    d

I am 23 she goes to school just like in me in Russia. I can see her as a exchange student at my university. I will see what I can do.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

She needs to earn credit for courses in the US. When I was a student, we had exchange programs with certain schools. If the school was not on the list, no credit. It would be best for both of you to finish your degrees. You have to know what she is like on a daily basis.

May I ask what your experience was like? One of the many things I missed in my youth b/c of the Witnesses was camp. It sounds as though it would be exhausting.

• Dis-Member
  • d
    d

She has not installed skype on her phone and we communicate through facebook. I only plan to see Russia for 3 months. We are just friends and I hope that my school allows me to go their.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Just be careful that she is not just looking for a way to move to the US. I don't think it's all that hard to install Skype, so it makes me a little suspicious that she hasn't done so.

It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with her, it's just that as an older person I have seen people get hurt in these types of situations, so I would not want that to happen to you.

• Dis-Member
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

International relationships are fraught with problems from the legal to the cultural. Stay friends, but don't obsess and don't cut yourself off from others. That would be a big mistake. Good luck (anti-JW phrase).

I had a crush at day camp. I was 13. When school started the next fall, I resumed my crush with the basketball scholar athlete(not interested, but always nice-still crushing on that nice boy who was kind to the homely fat girl).

Enjoy school. You will be meeting all kinds of interesting people in the years to come. I hope that you have a lot of very positive experiences and cherish the memories, even when nothing 'results' from them. Everyone we meet changes us a little, helps us grow.

• d
    d

We worked together and talked about my visit trust me. I worked with this women and we have talked face to face on many occasions.she is traveling around Boston and NY we keep in contact by facebook. The last thing she said before she left was that she wants me to visit her country.we hugged and she left on the bus and it was very painful to see her leave and I told her that she would see me again real soon.

• Dis-Member

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit