So Are All Your Problems Brooklyn's Fault Then?

by Englishman 32 Replies latest jw friends

• bigboi
    bigboi
    Do you hold the WTBTS responsible “for all ills and problems in life”?

No. There is no doubt that the WTS has screwed up ppl's lives and it may very well be the sole cause of some very traumatic experiences ppl have had. However for anyone to say that the WTS is a the source of all it's problems is, imo, a bit assinine.

Do you feel that Jan H’s assessment is correct?
    No.

Bear with me here. One of the most accurate depictions the bible gives of societies at large is that of a sea. At times this microsociety, like a sea, is quiet, calm, tranquil and comforting. At that time it's a place that people can come to find relaxation and repose. Then again, at times, in certain spots it resembles a wind-tossed, boiling, raging, tempest. That's because this board, for the most part, is a place where ppl enjoy freedom of expression.

Now, in regards to Janh's blanket criticism, I think he allowed his biases against the board to blind him to what could be a good insight. This insight may be the fact that for some time now molestation has been featured prominently in the news. Mostly this has centered on Catholic priests molesting children. The ex-jw connection isn't hard to see here. This is what I believe has been the source of a lot of the anger and bitterness in threads here of late.

We have to remember that molestation for the ex-jw was something they could never speak out about. Around here we even call them silentlambs. Cause, for the most part, ex-jw's who become victims of sexual abuse were forced into silence by the policies of the very org. that they looked to for protection. So a little anger and bitterness being expressed by some at this time is really no big deal or anything out of the ordinary. In other words, parts of the sea are boiling now. Given the circumstances of ex-jw's who've been abused this isn't surprising at all to me. Think about it! This may very well be the first time that these persons have had a chance to speak out about a gross wrong done to them.

However, I have a feeling that even this will pass eventually.

This sea will become quiet for a time. Then along will come yet, another storm and so on, and so on, and so on.

ONE.....

bigboi

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It seems to me....................

Broken relationships make one prone to anger with the tendency to blame your former partner with just about everything. The one who was formerly loved has become the one to hate.

So with so much anger first felt at leaving the borg, it's understandable that the 'departee' should sheet home a lot of blame to the borg.

Of course, anger is a very negative emotion and, if allowed to reign in one's life for a long time, will only result in a disturbed personality.

It's for the best that we 'move on' in life and in time memories of the borg will become less and less a feature of our lives.

In my own case, the borg has had little, to no, effect on my recent life until recently when they came into it, taking my family away from me. Now the ugly face of the borg is in my life again, but not of my choosing.

The busted drier is not Brooklyn's fault but the loss of family sure is!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Grunt
    Grunt

The WatchTower Bible and Tract Society is a cult. I hate cults, all cults. The reason I hate cults is because they damage people.

Are they the source of all my problems? No. I am pretty happy with my life, especially right now as I am looking at some quality time camping with my wife and traveling around north Alabama and Ga. finding nice lakes to jet ski on and nice cafes to try out. Life is good.

Except that my daughter (the cult member) is shunning me. Now that makes me angry. I didn't commit a "sin" other than honestly talking to her. She is shunning me because I told her the cult she belongs to, the Jehovah's Witnesses, had made errors regarding the length of a creative day, wow. My daughter brought it all up in the first place, and now on the advice of the senior cult members, the elders, she is trying to disciplilne me. By my not supporting her cult I am trying to destroy her faith in it. How sad, how funny, how cultlike.

Is the Watchtower Society the source of all my problems? No. I don't have that many problems other than needing a little more saved for retirement and wanting to retire right now. (I like my job but love my vacations!) Oh, and that other problem I mentioned, my daughter the valedictorian I raised to do great things pioneered for years and is just now starting a career, my daughter who always loved and wanted children won't have a child in "this wicked old system of things just before the great tribulation," my daughter whom my wife and I devoted our lives to raising along with her brother, is shunning me. Is that the Jehovah's Witnesses fault? Yes. Is it her fault to? Yes. Do I blame the cult known as Jehovah's Witnesses? HELL YES. I despise the lying hypocrites and through them have come to despise all cults. I think they got her to sell my wife and myself for eternal life. Much as the Hebrew people were duped into rolling their children into the fires of their idols. They had been promised something worth more than the kids I guess. I am shocked that my own child would sell us and return coldness for all the love she recieved. I am outraged. I won't let it consume me. It won't keep me from jet skiing and camping and enjoying life with family and friends, but an important part of my family won't be there. My daughter the cult member. Does it affect my attitudes? Yeah. I HATE CULTS, especially this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit