JW.ORG has competition!!

by sparky1 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I seem to remember the watchtower once made a reference to the Waldenses as being in line with JW theology allowing for the dimness of light that was being received at that time.

smiddy

• Beautiful Dreamer
    Beautiful Dreamer

Lol@ Steve2!

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I once visited a Mennonite family near San Diego. They lived in a rather typical suburban house. They had cars, and seemingly most modern conveniences. The males of the household ( father and teenage sons) all wore beards and long-sleeve shirts. They conducted a religious service in their living room. They seemed to be very sincere and pleasant folks. After the service, they invited me to their back yard where I joined them in picking figs. I took home a nice box of figs and found the experience quite educational. In retrospect, they seemed a lot less brainwashed than the typical JW. That was my one and only experience with Mennonites.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I wonder if the Mennonites are as surprised as JW's are, that anyone visits their site ?

With all the JW.org hoopla, JW's are acting like they invented the Internet now that they have a website.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just as money grabbing as the Borg

http://resources.mennoniteusa.org/give/

• Fernando
    Fernando

"Salvation by Grace Alone Through Faith Alone has a very long history. It is a history that could have saved us all a lot of trouble and kept us out of a cult had we been aware of it."

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Nearly every strange little religion like the JW's now have theri very own "Unique Website".

The LDS (Mormons) have one very similar to the JW one, of course that gets more hits, and has been up and running for longer.

JW.Org has REAL competiton in the form of information on the Net, it is very easy with just a few clicks of your mouse to find Truth, rather than the obfuscation, fallacies and lies found on JW.Org.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Indeed, indeed JW.ORG has competition like: redtube DOT com, xhamster DOT com and the like! (Don't click those links! They are NOT WORK SAFE! - Just to make a joke ;-)

Other than that: hipocrites abound - cults that reject technology having a website FOR THE MONEY!

Edit: changed the links from live links to dead links. Don't want to get into hot water here

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sparky1 - "Can the Mennonite version of Caleb and Sophia be in the works?"

I'm sure the "animation department" can use the work.

millie210 - "The Mennonites, The Amish and JWs? There has GOT to be a joke in here somewhere!"

Close.

"A JW, a Moonie, and a Scientologist walked into a bar...

...and got booted out in less than five minutes for starting a turf war."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit