DO JW's do a FAIR job of SAVING people--or--is the premise ridiculous?

by Terry 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I think this excellent thread gets to the core of why you can walk away from the JW's absolutely mentally freely without the slightest bit of guilt, fear or reservation.

It's absolute madness to believe in a global genocidal doomsday god that is going to destroy everyone except JW's and Down's Syndrome people at this apocalyptic event called Armageddon. Madness of the highest order.

And that is what the JW's believe. Press them on it, and they are forced to admit that their theology dictates that all non-JW's will die at Armageddon. If they equivocate and get wishy washy on this most uncomfortable of questions for JW's, then you have your walk-away card!

And it's just as mad to even want to worship such a god.

• likeabird
    likeabird

Adding in the new babies born only makes it more interesting.

I did some math like this a while back. Based on the annual hours preached I substracted the number of those hours that would be counted for bible studies. I then generously decided that out of every hour counted as preaching for the remaining hours, only five minutes time is actually spent speaking to a person. So I then calculated how long it would take to preach to every person on the planet, if each person was spoken to for five minutes only.

Even with an annual report of over a billion hours spent 'preaching' and not counting population growth, it would take them over 40 years to reach every person with a five minute message.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Doc, perhaps no one is answering because they're tired of arguing with you....as that's what you seem to be interested in doing.

Most folks come here for discussions, not arguments. And support. Which means being positive.

By trying to call out various posters, your actions imitate those of a bully wanting to pick a fight. If that's what you are about, you will learn that you're not the first poster who's attempted to do this and you surely won't be the last. But don't expect people here to want your association unless you actually have something valuable to add to the conversations.

Keep in mind...if the jw "religion" is actually joined with the creator of the entire universe as the mouthpiece, they don't require your defense. If you believe that your efforts to engage others in name-calling like kids on a schoolyard is either condoned or needed by the creator of the universe, I think you are sadly mistaken.

And feel free to say mean-spirited things about me for posting this, as it seems is your pattern. I don't base my opinion of myself on your words, so if it makes you feel better and pops some sunshine into your day, have at it.

But I would wish better for you...that you find a positive and upbuilding activity which adds peace, rather than confrontation, to your days. I really do hope you find happiness and inner calm. So on that note, hugs to you from one human to another.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

However, YHWH can save only his witnesses though they can't preach to every man. YHWH likes genocide, he did it with amalekites and madianites, and so on.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If the Bible is really inspired, JWs don't save anyone.

At the most they are messengers, good for nothing slaves doing what they ought to have done. Of course, they only earn the "good for nothing" title if they leave the gospel unadulterated.

If ANY human being or ORGANIZED RELIGION actually believes that they save anyone, they have already failed to grasp the "inspired" message.

If you believe that YOU are saving ANYONE, you are deluded, a hypocrite and a judge of your fellow man, and don't understand the very message you claim to be preaching.

DD

• stillin
    stillin

Worded a little differently, at this point in time there are about 7,500,000 Witnesses. In nine months that number will be very close to being the same, and the individual people who comprise that "head count" will be pretty much the same people as they were 9 months ago. But there will be 58 million NEW people on the planet, headed for destruction.

That really doesn't seem like God doesn't desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

• Terry
    Terry

Noah's flood, for all practical purposes, was Armageddon.

It solved nothing.

What would a 2nd Armageddon solve?

Nothing.

The idea of WARNING! (as the above stats show) is ludicrous.

THE LONGER JEHOVAH DELAYS; the more unborn children will be murdered in utero.

Armageddon = the largest single ABORTION EVENT in human history.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Exactly Terry.

JW's are in FEAR of a global genocidal massacre by a God that is morally worse than Genghis Khan, Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot all rolled into one.

They have totally fallen for the little old man behind the curtain pretending to be the big scary monster.

The Israelites fell victim to the tricks of their ancient Jewish priests with their scary stories of a murderous, vengeful God they invented called YHWH. Those frightening fictions eventually became canonised 'holy scripture'. Then the Roman Catholic Church and it's Popes kept up the grand illusion with their eternal hellfire doctrines, and all of the RCC's off-shoots followed suit. For JW's, the Governing Body are that little old man behind the curtain foisting the same scary images of an angry, monster God who will destroy you if you don't obey.

It's all smoke and mirrors my friends, an illusion to keep you in fear!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit