DO JW's do a FAIR job of SAVING people--or--is the premise ridiculous?

by Terry 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

FIGURES DON'T LIE...but liars figure!

18,144,000 babies were born while Jehovah's Witnesses were "warning" about 1975

The message for those babies who are now in their 30's and 40's is that "We warned your parents about a date that meant nothing!"

How does that wash credibility-wise?

The Watchtower premise that people are getting a fair shake because the noble bros. and sis's are knocking doors doesn't stand up to even casual scrutiny.

They have been at it since 1879.

They can't keep up, catch up or staunch the hemorrhage of "endangered" souls to be saved!

HOW CAN THIS BE PROVED?

There are approximately 216,000 babies born every day in the whole entire world.

If every woman every place on Earth suddenly stopped conceiving at the same time, it would take 9 months for all the babies in wombs to be born.

How many babies would that be by the end of that 9 months?

(At approximately 30 days per month=270 days)

270 TIMES 216,000 = 58,320,000 (58 million!)

Are you ready to use that information to refute Matthew 24:14?

Matthew 24:14

King James Version (KJV)

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

How many JehovahWitnesses are there in the world?

The 2010 official statistics in the Watchtower publications give a figure of just over seven and a half million (7,500,000) as the peak number of Witnesses

who reported time spent preaching....

If every Jehovah's Witness spent 10 hours in the ministry every month they would still have 58 MILLION more to preach to regardless of how many they have already reached EVERY MONTH!

SECOND problem:

When Armageddon comes there will be at any one instant 58 million unborn babies STILL IN THE WOMB!

If Jehovah destroys 58 million UNBORN, what is the point in preaching to anybody at anytime in history to give a "fair chance"??

DO THE MATH: the premise of the preaching work of Jehovah's Witnesses doesn't pass the smell test.

Remember, in those 84 months, the best Jehovah's Witnesses could do was sell 65 millions books.

With 58 million people yet to be born even while their parents were reading them!

18,144,000 babies were born while Jehovah's Witnesses were "warning" about 1975.

It is illogical and provably so: the math doesn't work and neither does the premise.

There! Don't say I didn't explain it.

Now, you go out and explain it to Jehovah's Witnesses!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They dont save people!

As Jesus said to the scribes and pharisees, "they just make them more of a subject to gehenna"

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Maybe in non-christian countries, but now that we live in the information age, any christian can google the right rebuttal. In area with educated people it is a waste of time. So they can say the homeless are closer to God. But today even the homeless have smartphones!

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Man, you you two look goofy in those over-sized Judge's Robes....

Out of a little curiosity, do you think Churchianity does better?

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Terry they don't talk with people anymore, the kids who are in the honey-carts at the local Us don't speak.

They have honey carts at parks, Farmers markets and public squares here, and they sit back on their i Phones texting while people browse their literature. How can they say they are saving people if they are unable to "become everything to all men" like Paul was able to before he was executed by Nero. How can JWs Save, they don't have the brain power prior generations of JWs had. Terry, were you a Bethelite or Pioneer in the 1970s? Good premise, your numbers are sound!

"What did Paul mean when he said that he became all things to all men? 1 Corinthians 9:19: “For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel's sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.”

http://www.letusreason.org/Biblexp78.htm

• Pinku
    Pinku

Terry,

Good point.

Forget about 58 million UNBORN. Given the present rate they witness in the South Asian countries, it would take 1000s of years to give a fair chance to people who are alreay born and adults now!

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

So, ignore since you know better than to attempt answering?

No WONDER you're no longer a JW...

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

The Games people Play...

• clarity
    clarity

DocHouse ....how much time have you counted today?

Hahahhhahah ...don't forget to get that phoned in!

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

None, as usual, Clary. Why?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit