So what was Microsoft thinking with Win 8?

by TD 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I hate that pig of an OS!

Windows 8 makes it harder to get any real work done, and wastes your memory space and network bandwidth to support all the "BLING" garbage they shoveled in the system. IMO, it's the "DOS 4" of Windows: an upgrade nobody asked for and adds no real value. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" is a phrase seldom heard in Redmond.

• baltar447
    baltar447

You people. Seriously, anyone hating Windows 8 just download this: http://www.classicshell.net/

• TD
    TD

I was at a seminar in the last couple of years and saw Lynn Allen trying to defend the ribbon menu in AutoCAD in front of 200+ angry Architects. I thought she kept her composure pretty well, but was obviously uncomfortable. At the end of the day, there really is no defense for ramming an interface down the throat of your customers if they didn't ask for it; don't want it; and rise up en masse with metaphorical torches and pitchforks to tell you they hate it. It does beg the question, "What were they thinking?"

From what I've seen so far, the desktop and menu is back in Win9 and the metro apps appear to be running in windows, so maybe there is hope for Microsoft yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit