Do Witnesses still go door-to-door??

by MsShockJock 19 Replies latest jw friends

• MsShockJock
    MsShockJock

Just wondering if they still go door-to-door? I never see groups of people walking around the neighborhoods all dressed up or out in fastfood restaurants on Saturday mornings or groups of people driving around in cars.

• luna2
    luna2

Good question. I live in the northeast and have been inactive for about 14 years. I don't ever see any groups going door to door either. There were a couple of women who were doing business territory that I ran into several months ago, but that's it. I'm not in touch with anyone at the old KH that I can ask.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

I know they do by posts from those on here that still have to go out. And a huge car group hit my neighborhood right before the Memorial. But I hadn't seen anyone in my neighborhood in a couple years before that. I don't think they are quite as active or enthusiastic as some once were.

• clarity
    clarity

My feeling is that, it is pretty rare to see them walking

around the neighborhood knocking on doors!

They stand on the sidewalks now, with a stand or

sort of like a rolling book shelf now. They talk mostly

to each other......as they stand back from this contraption!

Oh ...and you have be "special" to do this hard work, and

be picked and sent out. Mostly "pioneers" are the special

ones!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Mostly these days it's a 20 minute meeting for service, followed by a half hour of d2d* then a half hour at McDonald's, followed by 20 minutes of doing one of the old guy's calls, since no one else has calls on account of all the special campaigns.

*these days it seems like d2d more often than not is some special campaign that doesn't require that you do anything more than shove a tract at someone when they open the door, then run away.

• naazira
    naazira

Yes they do! Well at least in my neck of the woods they do. The doughnut and coffee shops are frequented before and after field service.

• MsShockJock
    MsShockJock

I think you're probably right ruderedhead about them not being as active or as enthusiastic these days. Clarity, I've never seen one of those contraptions. Interesting! OneEyedJoe--So it's mostly tract work these days. Also, interesting. It sounds like things are really slacking off. Where's the sense of urgency???

• luna2
    luna2

Ha! When I was still a JW and trying to get a little bit of time in between work and being a single mom, I used to get so frustrated at the amount of time spent in McDonalds when we were supposed to be handing out magazines and trying to find people who would allow us to come back to discuss them. Out here they seemed to spend less time on break than they did in the Midwest and McDonald's wasn't the favorite hang out, it was the bagel shops.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I say its mostly tract work, but that may be a bit of a strech depending on how you want to measure it. It seems like we do 3-4 month long campaigns a year so it's still mostly magazines by that measure. However, I suspect there are more hours put in during those 3-4 months than the other 8-9 months. They reduce the barrier to getting the pioneer title everyone wants and everyone who does it pressures everyone else, so hours go up. Plus its so much easier since you don't have to put together a presentation or, really talk to anyone.

• whathappened
    whathappened

My still in daughter goes out all the time. She doesn't like to, but she goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit