Have your prayers changed?

by eyeslice 24 Replies latest jw friends

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Since I pray to both a Goddess and a God much in the same vein as Sirona. As humans it is easier to relate to something outside of ourselves by ascribing traits that we're familiar with. This is why Christians refer to God as the "father" and as a he. I simply see fit to pray to both aspects which are in all of us even though I do believe that the Divine does not carry a gender and would probably be insulted by our shortsightedness to give it one. Of course being insulted is also a human emotion. Everyone here is correct though, in that a JW prayer is very formulated and continually regurgitated.

• professor
    professor

Adam Sandler was not in Meet the Parents.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

I pray to myself.

Dear pseudoxristos, please ......

This way I know someone will hear my prayer.

• shunned
    shunned

My prayers have changed............ I pray when I want to, and I no longer pray to Jehovah or Jesus, I pray to God and talk to him as if he was a friend. I have over the years learned that it doesn't matter what you say or how you say it, it must be your thoughts and from your heart. I now pray for things of interest in my life. i.e. other people in my life, for others I don't know and for things like cures for horrible illnesses.

Shunned

• Introspection
    Introspection

lol, right Professor, it was Ben Stiller. I actually thought of this earlier today, I always get those two confused for some reason..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit