Jehovah told to Moses: "....kill every woman who has had sexual relations with a man"

by opusdei1972 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

In Numbers 31 we read the following:

Jehovah then told Moses: 2 “Take vengeance for the Israelites on the Mid′i·an·ites. Afterward you will be gathered to your people.” 3 So Moses spoke to the people, saying: “Equip men from among you for battle against Mid′i·an and to execute Jehovah’s vengeance on Mid′i·an. 4 You should send 1,000 of each tribe of all the tribes of Israel into the army.”........... 7 They waged war against Mid′i·an, just as Jehovah had commanded Moses, and they killed every male. 8 Along with the others slain, they killed the kings of Mid′i·an, namely, E′vi, Re′kem, Zur, Hur, and Re′ba, the five kings of Mid′i·an. They also killed Ba′laam+ the son of Be′or with the sword. 9 But the Israelites carried off captive the women and children of Mid′i·an. They also plundered all their domestic animals, all their livestock, and all their possessions. 10 And all their cities in which they had settled and all their encampments they burned with fire. 11 And they took all the spoil and all the plunder, both humans and animals. 12 Then they brought the captives, the plunder, and the spoil to Moses and El·e·a′zar the priest and to the assembly of the Israelites, to the camp in the desert plains of Mo′ab near the Jordan at Jer′i·cho. 13 Then Moses and El·e·a′zar the priest and all the chieftains of the assembly went out to meet them outside the camp. 14 But Moses grew indignant at the appointed men of the combat forces, the chiefs of the thousands and the chiefs of the hundreds who were coming in from the military expedition. 15 Moses said to them: “Have you preserved all the females alive? 16 Look! They are the ones who by Ba′laam’s word induced the Israelites to commit unfaithfulness toward Jehovah over the affair of Pe′or, so that the scourge came upon the assembly of Jehovah. 17 Now you should kill every male among the children and kill every woman who has had sexual relations with a man. 18 But you may keep alive all the young girls who have not had sexual relations with a man [for having sex with them?]

What a lovely God was YHWH!!!

• clarity
    clarity

Isn't that the most disgusting evil command!

As an active jw, I had never read all those

horrible words!

I wonder why we never discussed this at the mtgs???

Yeah right. I still have 2 bibles at home....but not for

much longer!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Imagine the little toddlers and infant boys being ripped from the arms of their 14yr old sisters and murdered in front of them. Then the little girls are divided among the men of the nation... Disgusting prick of a god.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Moses should have told JEHOVAH: 'Do your own dirty work;after all they are your creation and besides didn't you just tell me a short time ago ,"THOU SHALT NOT KILL"?. Make up your mind because you are confusing the shit out of me!'.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

....How did they know who were not virgin women?...it seems that they did an inspection.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Resources For Exposing Watchtower and Jehovah's Witnesses
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/exposeJWs/

• sparky1
    sparky1

Hey Watchtower-Free...........Does that scripture describe JEHOVAHS version of "Speed Dating"?

• designs
    designs

Canannite young women, Mary, what's with God and the virgins.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

ditto what comatose said.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@ Watchtower free.

Well it does say "he can never divorce her", surely you agree that is punishment enough. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit