"We can't even talk with you anymore! You react very abruptly"

by stuckinarut2 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So that was the line used by an elder the other day to me!

He implied that I react badly when spoken to by the elders.

I corrected him and said: "No, I'm always happy to have a conversation. But what you seem to be implying is that unless I sit and accept and take everything you say, then I am being defensive? Am I not aloud to respond? What you really want to see is me respond EXACTLY how you wish. Right?"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They are used to being surrounded by "Yes men". After all, what they are speaking is FROM GOD.

Doc

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Right on SIAR2, march to the beat of your own drum ! Do your own research and make up your own mind, not that of so called elders, people on this forum or others abroad.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Great answer. That is so true.
  • goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Stuck......good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't give them bastards any udeserved power.

it crazy to think that the sheepeople believe these guys are like mini demi gods. my wife thinks so highly of them. it didn't take me long to see through there B.S..

Good on ya mate!!!!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"We can't even talk with you anymore! You react very abruptly"

Image result for Watchtower logo

......................Image result for Do as you're told

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The best advice I can give you, if you want to go down that path is to asks questions and appear, for the very least, very interested in their thoughts. You can also make it personal. For instance,

How do you personally feel brother Elder about ... a taboo subject...

You would be surprised how many elders have a split personality disorder. They, like most people, have personal thoughts of their own that are not inline with the watchtower. However, when they are wearing their Elder hat, they suppress those away and answer anything as if they were watchtower articles themselves.

If you keep bringing them back to their personal views, such Elders will be conflicted, and most likely, at the end of some time, will saying something like: "it doesn't matter what I personally think." That is when you'll have them in your corner. You can than say:

"Then why does it matter what I think? If you are not free to express your personal conscience, then why would you seek out the details of mine. Like you, I would like to keep it private and like you, I believe I have the right to do so."

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    If you keep bringing them back to their personal views, such Elders will be conflicted, and most likely, at the end of some time, will saying something like: "it doesn't matter what I personally think." That is when you'll have them in your corner. You can than say:
    "Then why does it matter what I think? If you are not free to express your personal conscience, then why would you seek out the details of mine. Like you, I would like to keep it private and like you, I believe I have the right to do so."

That's actually a really good idea. I'll have to file that away for future use.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Stuckinarut2 = I hope you don't mind me giving you a good bit of advise. I have been following your posts over the last couple of months. The impression I am getting of you is a person who is winding himself up, and this is been played out in the congregation. Obviously you are creating a very unpleasant situation for both yourself and for those around you. I remember you saying you are situated around the half way point between been Brisbane /GC area (you did name the area. But I won't mention it here.) I know some of the elders around there so I realize the type of people your having to deal with. Hey I totally understand the situation your in because I'm ' in the same boat. I honestly believe you have to walk out the door before they throw you out. This is what I done and it went better than expected e.g no calls from elders, and very few enquiries from cong members. Fantastic. You can't reason with these people and I believe if I had hung around with knowing what I know, I would of found myself in a similar situation to you or certainly DFed. Fading is the best option.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Look admit defeat and move before you have to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit