What was YOUR First Worldly Experience?

by Yondaime 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

While I was in Florida during the spring visiting my oldest sister. I had the time of my Life with my brother in law.

You see my sister married a non-believer and my parents viewed him as the scum of the earth, so I was terrified to ever talk to him. Turns out he's one of the coolest people I have ever met. He's not as critical and pessimistic as my other witness in-laws. My parents urged me not to hang out with him but I didn't listen to them, and I do not regret the course of action I took hahahaa!

When I landed in florida the next day I would assist the meeting at the congregation my sister was in, and everyone wanted to hang out with me since my sister is a full- time pioneer, and they thought I was a zealous witness like her. They were all boring so I just stuck wit my sister and my brother in law.

I went to the gym with my Brother in law and made some gains, then the following night he persuaded me to go to club with him called LIV in South Beach Miami. I was reluctant to go, but he told me that I would not regret going. So we walk into the club he pays $160 cash since its $80 admissions to get in. It was dark with flashing lights and music blasting so lound I couldn't hear myself think. When my favorite songs started playing I started boppin my head, then i realised....Every SINGLE female in there looked like a supermode!!!! Sorry to the sisters but the ones in my hall looked like grannys compared to these chicks! Then I look to right at the VIP section of the club, and who do I see????? Drake sitting there sipping on a beverage, I look up at the balcony and see Norris Cole (point guard on the Miami Heat) with two females around his arms.

When I got back home to Massachussets from my flight and my parents questioned me about how the trip went, I just smiled and said, "Brothers and Sisters take their ministry very seriously! I can't wait to go back!"

With the exception of my blood related siblings my extended family(cousins), and in-laws are extremely boring!

But my experience with my "Worldly" brother in law was one I will never forget!

Finally someone who I'm not embarrassed to call my brother in law!

Everybody PLEASE share with me some of your awesome Experiences with "Worldly People"!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, I'm an "unbelieving mate". I worked very hard at introducing my hubby to our flesh and blood neighbours. My favourite were my Wicca neighbours, who I adore.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I went to a Wicca service which has a lot in common with a church service. Announcements were interesting, like the nude swim night.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My mom let me celebrate birthdays and Christmas at school or early in the day. My father never knew. When I was four, my JW aunt and grandmother took me to Macy;s toy department. They told me it was NOT for Christmas but I knew better. I wanted to sit in Santa's lap and get a ton of good toys. Santa's lap never happened. I attended library school where we went on field trips into the community. We visited the local fire house. The firemen not only showed us the trucks but we could sit on them. They had one fireman pose as Santa. I knew he was a fireman but my younger brother believed. Oh, the Christmas memories. One Christmas I was in the hospital for a minor matter. I received powder with glitter and a puffy applicator. Give me the loot.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Being born ;)
    Hopefully one day we will all be past the point of using the cult language, such as 'worldly' and 'brothers and sisters'. Not having a go, honest, just pointing it out :)

• sunny23
    sunny23

What was YOUR first Worldly Experience?

Got drunk at age 20, felt real guilty. Tried pot at age 25. First major worldy expereince was vagina at age 26.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Always had them when I was around my older brothers who left the Borg in their early years. It felt good to have some freedom while being around them. That is looking at R rated movies and talking about politics and dirty jokes. Felt guilty afterwards though, when I went back around the JWs.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Being uber kind to strangers, fellow shoppers, cashiers, pensioners, etc, 'feeling the love' I (and 2 teenage daughters) suddenly felt for them on a regular grocery shop. It was our first org-free day. I will never forget what it felt like to be liberated from decades of the 'hatred for the world' indoctrination . We got some funny looks but we had a spring in our step like caged animals suddenly set free. It was a beautiful sunny spring day too - it felt so good to be 'at peace' with ordinary people in our local community for the first time ever.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

One of my first worldly experiences was following the tons of tourists into NY's St. Patrick's Cathedral on Fifth Avenue. I wanted to be respectful. Braced against the lighning bollt from Jehovah, I entered the back of the church. I pretended I was Jackie Kennedy. My eye saw something from a corner. I did not know what is was so I screeched and screeched my head off. When I turned to face the object, I discovered a wax figure of the WWII pope in white liturgical garb. It was a bust only. I was so embarassed and apologized profusely. I am still alive.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I wasn't raised in JWs, so I had a lot of worldly experiences before I was persuaded into the WTBT cult. It's been a long time since I went inactive: 23 years. My memory is fuzzy, but I remember helping my daughter to shop for her proms, which was exquisitely fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit