It's All About Tablets

by metatron 34 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Well, that seems to be the latest hot thing amoung Witnesses. Everybody buys a tablet. Even the poor families that eat carb heavy meals are gettin' em.

Maybe they can't afford the latest Apple product like the Maxi/Mini Pad or whatever they're calling it these days so a trip to Ebay or Overstock.com fills the bill.

Use it instead of a songbook. Use it instead of any book. Use it for WT videos (maybe door to door, do they have WiFi ?)

Very trendy. Good for grocery lists, too. Meetings get boring........................zzzzzzzzzzzzz

metatron

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Up until three years ago, my father didn't even know how to turn on a computer. We bought him a PC and he now spends almost his entire day playing with it.

He most recently wanted an Ipad and my brother who is still a Witness bought him one. My dad has been inactive almost since the day he got baptized. He only occassionaly goes to meetings, but after my brother bought him the Ipad, my dad started going again so he could show off the Ipad.

I think he's over that phase now, but I never ask my family about anything having to do with the religion. My mother occassionally passes along tidbits here and there, though.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its being encouraged by the WTS. for it cuts down on the amount of printed literature the WTS. has to print $$$

I think it would be funny now to see Jdubs flick through pages at the same time with these devises.

I'm sure the kids are liking it, whenever they get bored as most kids do at Kingdom Halls, they could quickly switch on a game.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Wait until the dollar collapses. It takes funds to keep these things going, especially if you are on a data plan. They might be better off with a device that allows you to load data from their computer, hooked up to regular Internet (tends to be cheaper) and use a memory stick or SD card with this data. The stick is inserted into the tablet, and can be accessed regardless of whether you can get a connection or not.

And, with all this rubbish about quitting or reducing your job so you can pious-sneer and donating more to the Worldwide Damnation Fund, and wasting more attending a$$emblies, who can afford a tablet and a data plan even if the dollar doesn't collapse? The washtowel is trying to impose poverty on the flock, squeezing everything out of them to do that (regardless of how much the washtowel itself makes, their job is to harvest the souls). This leaves nothing for a tablet and data plan--if you can afford to spend money on a tablet and more on a data plan, that money could go into the Worldwide Damnation Fund. And does the washtowel trust that some will simply skip the tablet as a waste of money or a nuisance to carry, and simply buy a few rolls of silver quarters instead? Yes, some already have these devices--but there are a few that do not. (Plus, data plans are ongoing expenses that are going to get a whole lot more expensive when the dollar becomes toilet paper).

I can also think of a few other things to do with a tablet. There are a number of other books that can be placed on these devices, along with other web sites that the washtowel does not want people to use. In theory, someone with a data plan could post on this forum while at the boasting session. One can access videos documenting that Christi-SCAM-ity and communism are almost exactly the same thing, place those videos on their phones, and show those in lieu of the washtowel videos. Imagine how many calls I could trash doing that.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I am in the technology field for work so I have been into the tablet since before the first iPad came out in 2010. Few realize that PC manufacturers were making laptops years ago that could flip and around and turn into a tablet. The screen's were not capacitive (no multi-touch) and it was cumbersome and slow.

Since iPad I have been also using the increasingly popular Android devices and am quite satisfied. I'd say about 50-60% of my cong. uses tablets at the meetings. It's easier, less books to bring. Until the next big thing comes along tablets are here to stay. Use them..

• Heaven
    Heaven

The home owner is gonna need these kinda tablets:

Alka Selterzer Tablets

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

As more JWs connect to the internet, the GB is gonna need truckloads of Alka-Seltzer. Curiousity will eventually overcome mind manipulation.

All a home owner needs to say is "I'm sorry. JW.org is not truthful and victimizes JWs." JWs will just say good-bye. That's what happened last Satuday when I said "I'm sorry, JW.org is not truthful." Unfortunately, they will not automatically put an address on the "Do Not Call List". May be new light will be coming.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love

Robert

• Brainfloss
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, the religion-sanctioned materialism is rather amusing to observe.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The meetings would be so much more fun with an iPad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit