Is taking a blood transfusion a "Disfellowshipping or Disassoication" offense?

by booker-t 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• TD
    TD
    Not that I'm trying to pick on you!

No, go ahead. I deserve it because I used the wrong word there and can see that it has confused things. (I studied with JW's 40+ years ago.)

I'm not talking about judicial proceedings which are often for the express purpose of judging repentance. I'm talking about the distinction between this and disassocation and why it exists in the first place.

If a person says, "I don't consciously remember consenting to that treatment. I obviously didn't understand the question and certainly would have refused had I been in full possession of my mental faculties. Yes I want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses and yes I consider myself to be a member of the congregation" we're no longer talking about something that was willingly or voluntarily done.

• sir82
    sir82

The whole point of a judicial meeting is to judge the "sincerity of repentance".

That point is ground in, over and over and over again, in elders' training schools.

A common message over the past few trainings has been (parapharasing) "you elders have been too lenient. Just because someone says they are repentant doesn't make it so. You need to determine if the person is truly repentant by their actions."

There is even text somewhere in the latest manual along the lines of "for some people, the habit of sin may be so entrenched that it is not possible to display works befitting repentance by the time the judicial committee is held". I.e., what the person says is completely irrelevant. Look at how long he practiced the "sin" and what he has done since then.

In the case of a "willing" blood transfusion, the committee will determine repentance / unrepentance, as the above quoted text indicates. It is 100% based on their judgment.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Blood transfusions are still banned.

Watchtower November 2014 (study edition

HOLY OBEDIENCE TO GOD’S LAW ON BLOO

10. How important is it that we obey God’s law on blood?

10 Read Leviticus 17:10. Jehovah commanded the Israelites not to eat “any sort of blood.” Abstaining from blood—animal or human—is a Christian requirement as well.(Acts 15:28, 29) We shudder at the very thought of having God ‘set his face against us’ and cut us off from his congregation. We love him and want to obey him. Even when confronted with a life-threatening situation, we are determined not to cave in to the pleas and demands of those who do not know Jehovah and who do not care to obey him.

***Yes, we expect to be ridiculed for abstaining from blood, but we choose to be obedient to God.***(Jude 17, 18)

What view on this subject will strengthen us to “be firmly resolved” NOT to eat blood or accept ******a blood transfusion?******—Deut. 12:23.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Watchtower "double speak" they report to media it's a conscientious decision As follows:

Ewen Watt, a spokesperson of Jehovah's Witnesses in Ireland, said blood transfusions were a matter for individual members to decide. He said:”

"That is a personal decision for each individual Christian to make. Each one of the Jehovah's Witnesses would have to make a decision with regard to that. ... The whole ethical position has been settled many years ago. Pediatricians, surgeons and doctors have a booklet with regard to what treatments can be carried out. And they recognize the right to bodily integrity.

LIES !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit