Because The Governing Body Is In Denial They Can Not Comprehend The Suffering They Impose Upon Jehovah's Witnesses With Their No Blood And Disfellowshiping Policies

by frankiespeakin 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• millie210
    millie210

After reading the above posts I am wondering if part of the reason for the hard stance is not wanting to be seen as reversing?

I pretty much thought the GB was just blinded by "Ivory Tower Syndrome" but stubborn refusal to reverse beliefs sounds likely.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

millie210 - "I pretty much thought the GB was just blinded by 'Ivory Tower Syndrome' but stubborn refusal to reverse beliefs sounds likely."

I'm sure Ivory Tower Syndrome is a significant factor, too.

It is important to remember that developments often occur as a result of several reasons, not just one.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They will go the same way as the Plymouth brethren. Fewer and fewer converts, more and more young people abandoning it and then shunned.

There are hardly any PB left nowadays.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Good advice for the GBs/CEOs to make a business run:

Rita McGrath: Want a competitive edge? Ignore stability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuf__7rDY74

• designs
    designs

Religious thinking makes it very difficult to admit guilt and change.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

There are two groups in the org..... the nobodies and everyone from pioneer, MS, elder on up. I think it's all about control and fear, control the nobodies and put fear into them so they stay. I am a JW, but the most wicked people and many of the most miserable people I have ever met have been JWs. The funny thing is, none of this has anything to do with scripture. The GB knows very well what they are doing, but I hope at least some of them have a little bit of heart. There has been so much pain and sufferering, the jws, for the most part, are so poor... it hurts me to see it. I wish, I really do, that the GB would set about a precedent for helping their own people....instead of having them suffer. Instead of 'apostasizing' everyone who leaves, just let them go....if they don't want to stay, fine. Why is the policy to shun? I don't understand. I hate it. I love the bible, and I have found that the teachings, for me. are as close to truth as it is possible to get...but, the shunning, spying, df'ing, cruelty, no education, poverty...where is that in the bible? All that is because of people, people wanting to control other people. At least that's the way I see it. I like animals more than I like people, animals are honest and loving and loyal.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Hi,

Expulsion and the non-use of blood have both biblical support, in both Old and New Testament. The GB can stand firm on their resolve all they want.

They have watered it down enough by allowing blood fractions to used by the weaklings. I am sure they are working out some sort of watered down version as well on the disfellowshipping doctrine.

This is an ever evolving Org. I somewhat enjoy the roller coaster throughout the years. Gotta love it!

GC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit