Welcoming International Delegates for London 2014 IC

by Da.Furious 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

I had the pleasure of joining JW's on the weekend to greet the International Delegates who are attending the London 2014 International Convention at Twickenham.

Nothing interesting, just waiting for someone with a badge to come through the doors and all will cheer! The interesting part is how they are behaving:

1- The overseer: Looked really bored, trying to impress surroundings by talking loud and how he can talk to immigration and check on passengers

2- The hugging Sisters: One sister was so upset that she could not hug the delegates. I think she was on a mission to hug all, also i think she had her own hugging log book - I presume used later to show off and compare with others.

3- The photographer: wannabe photographer that takes every single picture of the greeters and the delegates.

4- The bachelor(ette): Trying to hunt a single brother or sister - i got my share before the sister noticed i was married. Also there were sisters with goodies, like a greeting card with their pictures and contact details, Not sure why .

5- The goodies distributer: It was very interesting to see how they are jumping to be the first who gives the goodies, it looked more like a competition and they like to show off who ahs the best items. To be honest these guys worked really hard and had some cool stuff.

6- The crier: Some get very emotional, looks genuine, but couldn’t understand why. Why would you cry when greeting a complete stranger!

7- The observer: That was me. Just standing and checking what is happening.

That's all for now.

Da Furious

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I reckon they are just a meet market for singletons.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

This thread is useless without pictures ;-)

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Very True, but not planning to blow my cover!

Sorry for this.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Very sensible DaF !

I still enjoyed your O.P. I can visualise all of those typical JW's, don't need photos !

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Of course DaF...

In fact imagining the scenes of overblown emotions just because some people managed to take an aeroplane trip is pretty entertaining. As is the thought that the Holy Spirit(TM) was not quite clever enough to prevent the welcoming party to be infiltrated by the 5th column.

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

Well done Da furious. I like your observations on the different categories of people from the welcoming party...

you must Be an "exemplary witness" to be authorized by your congregation to participate in This welcoming party...funny they did not notice you were "5th column";) (Just rewiewed a few days ago the "V" series so This mention by Konceptual is thrilling...a little!

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I can imagine it all. Thanks.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

konceptual-ize the scene ! 99 !

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This is all strange and contrived. Anybody knows that us Brits do not hug complete strangers, even dubs at the Assembles and K Halls. (try visiting a K H and see how many hugs you get) We give a friendly greeting and a polite handshake - that's about it.

This is just a put up job....If I were a delegate I would want to hide until it was quiet before coming through

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit