If the Governing Body Told You They Love You All Very Much, What Would Your Reply Be?

by steve2 58 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS

I could say the following:

Now, do you love all the thousands of children and babies killed/murdered worldwide over several decades by your blood transfusion policy?

Do you love all us decent folks who have died as a direct result of your little stint with not allowing organ transplants?

And do you love all those young folks who spent years in prisons, some having been brutally raped, due to your phase of not allowing “alternative military service”?

And what about all those poor unfortunate young people who have suffered severe depression, including those who ended up committing suicide, because they thought they might have sinned against the holy spirit because of a lengthy record of “sexual uncleanness”/“loose conduct” or even just masturbation – the distinct possibility of which you occasionally have explicitly implied? Do you love them too?*

* (Examples of subtle, and not-so-subtle, considerations of that distinct possibility: [Regarding masturbation:] “My father then showed me a few scriptures to help me see that I was not ‘too far gone,’ and then some more scriptures to be sure I understood the seriousness of my wrong course.” – Young People Ask, vol. 1, chap. 25, p. 182; “Hence, if you have a problem with masturbation, you need not conclude that you have committed the unforgivable sin. The key is to resist the urge and never to give up your fight!”Awake!, Nov. 2006, p. 19; “Have You Sinned Against the Holy Spirit?,” “‘There is a sin that does incur death.’—1 JOHN 5:16.” – main study article title and key Scripture heading, Watchtower, July 15, 2007, p. 16; etc., etc.)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Since I know these guys are a bunch of conniving phonies of a very high order, I would take it as a smoke screen, a ploy directed towards the gulible to hide some hideous evil that lurks beneith that unconvincing smile.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Love is as love does. They love no one but themselves.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I would tell the GB that words are cheap and love is proven by its actions, which Jesus taught when he said "by their fruits you will recognise them".

Then I would tell that GB that since they produce rotten, death-dealing fruitage through their heinous blood transfusion policy, child abuse policy, shunning policy, military service policy, etc, then I have no choice but to judge their claim to love JW's as insincere and about as genuine as Jim Jone's claim to all his followers that he loved them before telling them to drink from the barrels of kool-aid.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Well, I don't love you. Go to hell

• clarity
    clarity

Hypocrites! Imposter! Swindler!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

1. That one's kinda worn out. Think up a better con-line!!

2. At the rate you've handed it out, it been outta style since 1914.!!

3. Why don't you try soprano? You might hit the right note then!!!

4. Did someone just break wind?

5. You don't sound half as genuine as my farts!!

• steve2
    steve2

Well, Hairtrigger, if words don't quite fit the occasion......try the sense of smell.

• Mum
    Mum

Some years ago, the Pope said something similar to this to a Latin American audience if I'm not mistakes. That's probably where the GB got the idea, IMHO.

There's a saying I made up for women who believed their abusive significant others "loved" them. I would say, "Thank God nobody loves me!" I stand by that.

• steve2
    steve2

Mum

Recalls an observation made by an astute individual some decades ago, "Those who mistreat you the most, have the greatest need to publically express their love for you".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit