KM Oct 2014 - Homosexuality (week of Oct 13th)

by Splash 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Zoos
    Zoos

This ststement is absolutely true:

"The Bible’s counsel is very much up to date in meeting the needs of those who want a clean conscience before God and a life free from needless frustration."

Through study of the bible this homo was freed of the WT cult and a lifetime of needless frustration.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Navytown - "Given the CONSTANT anti-gay drumbeat from the Organization, there must be some higher-ups who are fighting and supressing their own same-sex attractions."

Hell; from all the anecdotal evidence, Bethel has more in-the-closets than the GOP.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What is so immoral with homosexuality among two same-sex people that are attracted to each other? How does that deprive someone of deserved freedom? How does that enslave the whole human race or vast segments of it? How does homosexuality create poverty? How does it stifle science? Are gay people parasites on society? Do they waste innocent people's time? Perhaps the "gay pride" parades do more to misrepresent true homosexuality and, as such are objectionable--but it is none of anyone else's business when two men or two women (or even groups) have sex with each other.

On the other hand, the Abrahamic religions do enslave whole populations. They have created oppressive rules, suppressed women, and murdered those who do not believe. They have all stifled science, started pointless wars, steal money in the name of salvation, and work toward communism. Do we hear too much from the washtowel against those practices? And, when we do hear about it, is it only about those "other religions" while they themselves do the same thing and are exempt?

• steve2
    steve2

As a third generation Witness who had a same-sex orientation from early childhood, I am now very curious about what the "needless frustration" of homosexuality consists of? Is it the same or different from the "needless frustration" of heterosexuality?

• prologos
    prologos

There was a reply to reader's letter on the back page of the Awake, around 7 years ago, that stated: "-- Our hearts go out to anyone that struggles with sexual issues--" so:

Their hearts go out , similar to "--we love you all very much--"?

Awake July 22, 2004, page 30 to exact, unless it has been re-written.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They always hit you over the head with the "LOATHSOME DISEASES" threat.

As for emotional scars - dont they realise just how many people can get hurt by a gay person getting married, having children and living a LIE?

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

i have Just been assigned This talk.funny i do not comment at meetings for months, report 3 or 4 hours FS for "fun", and still they give me number 3 parts. This one i believe because no one else wanted to do it.

still, i plan to Say how bad it Is to mock gay people the way i heard some JW do it...

• Fernando
    Fernando

For anyone interested in an alternative scriptural perspective (detailed): http://biblehouseofgrace.com/same%20sex%20relationships.html

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

What is harder to understand is what reason other than homophobia could make elders view homosexuality as a far more grave sin than others "gross wrongdoing", including adultery. All you have to do is read Malachi chapter 3 to understand how God views adultery (not two people not married to each other who found themselves in the wrong place at the same time, but deliberate deceit and years of cheating their respective spouses). He detests it. There is nothing in the Scriptures that alludes to some special onus on homosexuality versus fornication.

Elders will apply the most severe punishment on someone who was involved with someone else homosexually but will let people totally skate on other forms of immorality - never mind the other kinds of "gross wrongdoing" that just get ignored. Where are the "judges for righteousness" that Jehovah has supposedly appointed here (Duet 1:16).

cc

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

"Needless frustration" seemed to refer to the frustration of having to hide one's true self.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit